Northstar Vale 'Til we find where we belong
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

They camped within the Lair for well on a week for Siqsa had needed time to heal before they began the last leg of their journey. Liri too seemed to benefit - her bones no longer jutted at angles beneath her ivory fur, some of the luster seemed to return to her coat though the arctic fae was still thin with the remnants of hardship.

The Blackfoot was inwardly overjoyed to leave the press of darkness and stone walls behind in favor of wandering the mountainside once more. The promise of spring clung to the winds, the sweet perfume of renewal carried to her as the breeze tangled in her pelt. The northerner felt her spirits raise as they neared the Vale, the triumphant swell that swirled through her the result of a task nearly completed. 

Despite her joy, the healer could not help but feel a stab of angst as her dark gaze lit upon Northstar Vale once more. She found her paws drawing to a halt as she reached the center of the narrow valley, eyes falling to the rushing stream and the stretch of forest at its other side. 

Had it been only months ago she had stopped here, Kavik at her side in place of the two shadows, Illidan just a boy at her ankles? 

Liri tried to shake off the memories, mahogany optics lifting to the peaks that blocked much light and so sheltered the Vale. The sun could only reach the fishbowl when it approached its zenith yet it was rather warm without the chilling bite of the wind. The forests promised food and shelter and it no longer seemed that the place was home to bears - at least, Liri detected no trace of the ferocious predators. 

"This seems like a good place for stopping, " Liri murmured, turning so that her dark gaze met Siqsa's ruby orbs. A slight smile twisted her lips as she recalled their conversation upon reuniting, hope blooming within that the pair would agree for the sanctuary of the Vale seemed particularly tempting after roaming Teekon in the months past. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
'Til we find where we belong - by Síff - March 06, 2019, 12:50 AM
RE: 'Til we find where we belong - by Sorin - March 06, 2019, 03:43 AM
RE: 'Til we find where we belong - by Síff - March 20, 2019, 10:24 PM