Ankyra Sound do you mind crouching down a little bit so i look taller.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami felt a jolt in her stomach as he turned her down. His reasoning had nothing to do with her, obviously, but she immediately determined that it was because he didn't like her. She frowned at the birds, feeling frustrated and hurt and stupid and childish. Of course he didn't want her. No one did. She was never going to be good enough for anyone. And on it went, swirling down the black hole that was her self-esteem.

Her ears perked when he asked her a question. She looked over at him as she tried to come up with an answer. What had she tried hunting? And had he just said "we"? "Uh.. mostly rabbits and squirrels. I've hunted deer before, but not on my own," she offered, brightening a bit, "Oh, and I tried to hunt a porcupine once. It didn't go well..." She wasn't sure why she decided to add that fact. If anything, it made her look even stupider. Maybe she was just that stupid.

Firefly didn't laugh, but the expression on his face as he glanced at her suggested he wasn't overly impressed. The conversation slipped from their grasp then, and Yami was quite content to see it go. She'd already shared too much about that particular story, anyway.

They spent the afternoon hunting for rabbits until they'd finally caught a couple. Yami settled in to consume hers while Firefly took his away with him--where he didn't say, and Yami was too self-conscious to ask. It probably went to a cache. Or it went to some girl... She spent her meal fretting about that idea until she was full, and then she proceeded to spend the rest of her day fretting about it some more.
Messages In This Thread
RE: do you mind crouching down a little bit so i look taller. - by Yami - March 21, 2019, 11:14 AM