Dawnlark Plains 'cause you're my present, my future, my lesson, my teacher
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
imrathil's attention turned from the wailing blanket of white back to the she-wolf - he noticed she was staring at the hare, only in a way that seemed unreadable to him. as if she was staring through it, or not gazing upon it at all.

she seemed distracted - he was about to offer her the hare, but the pace in the wind had picked up and by now he realized that if they didn't act soon, they would be trapped in a white-out. while snow in of itself was not lethal, he had no idea how long the storm would last or how fierce it was -- if they were blinded and caught out in the open, there was a very real possibility they might freeze to death.

he nodded eagerly at blodreina's suggestion, ready to get packing. scooping up the rabbit (he had almost forgotten it, so urgent was his pressing need to escape the swallowing whiteness) he turned in time for a gust of wind and snow to nearly slap him sideways. "wevef 'ottah go." he blurted, the hare obstructing the clarity of his voice. he didn't wait for her to say yes or no before he turned around and made for the lowland side of the prairie, searching for some sort of dell or enclave in which to seek protection from the storm.

the storm was hot on his heels as he ran; he could feel the chattering of his bones with each icy breath. he was breathless as he finally saw a depression on the far side of a knoll that looked as if it might be a den -- making for it instinctively, imrathil hoped blodreina was behind him and not caught in the whipping whiteout.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.