Dawnlark Plains 'cause you're my present, my future, my lesson, my teacher
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
the coast, it seemed, was not all imrathil had it cracked up to be. he shared a sympathetic glance as blodreina mentioned she wished to get away. the manner in which she phrased it made him think there was something serious driving her to do so -- and also something not necessarily his business to ask for more information.

he was not discouraged, though he felt sorry for whatever hardship it was she was going through. someday he would see the coast, he was sure of it.

they were pressed close now, packed like two sardines in a can. imrathil couldn't say he hated it - it made his heart stir, and he hadn't felt this way ever, that he remembered. it was so strange being so close to another living, breathing thing -- and there was something exhilarating about being up close with someone as fierce as blodreina.

he smiled apologetically at the suggestion, realizing it was probably best not to mention how tight their quarters were. "that's fine," imrathil murmured, tearing his gaze reluctantly from blodreina to inspect the tunnel's mouth. snow had begun to pack in, and the frosty fringe was slowly creeping down the corridor. "hopefully it won't get worse. i guess... there's nothing to do but wait out the storm.." he sighed - happy at least that he had company in such miserable weather. "will you tell me what the beach is like?" imrathil's gaze, briefly imploring, passed over her features as he laid his head on his paws, content to listen to the quiet reverberation of her voice, and paint in vivid imagery the scenes in which she spoke of in his mind.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.