Moonspear doing what can be done
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
She had a light spirit about her so Jarilo didn't feel at all bothered by taking up the lead, and lending her an ear as he went. He mostly kept his eyes trained ahead to the path he was taking them to, but over his shoulder, he definitely glanced over her way plenty. Since he knew very little about her, he was looking for any way he could to find out more. His gait settled at some easy trot, and his expression stayed cheery. Thankfully some of his grimness over Vela's leave had dispelled by now, and he had largely coped (re: internalized, compressed) with his father's weighty conversation.. so he was pretty alright, on the whole.

The Teekons were big, bigger than even he knew, but he wasn't going to disagree about the size of this spire either. I know, right? Even I haven't seen every bit of it and I've always been here--some of it's so far up.. he said back, nose gesturing towards the upper slopes, some of which were even inaccessible most parts of the year thanks to ice anyway. Still, it was good she had found a den already, and some of the basics. That was definitely a good start. Wasn't she still pretty new here? Time flew sometimes and he didn't always keep the closest of tabs on every new face, but Jarilo just nodded.

He had the unfair edge because he had been born here, so he didn't really remember having to figure out certain things like that--he had just followed older wolves around until it stuck with him, likely. You'll get the hang of it the more you see, trust me.. and I know these forests get really thick in some spots so it's easy to get all absorbed in them. The yearling spoke from experience, so sympathized. He could zone out on them and wander forever, or just get so absorbed in something that who knew what else mattered. But spring and summer's my favorite time on the mountain anyway so you're lucky to get to know it then, he mentioned, and breathed deep the distinct scents of that very springtime on the breeze then too.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Messages In This Thread
doing what can be done - by Willoughby - March 26, 2019, 12:14 PM
RE: doing what can be done - by Jarilo - March 26, 2019, 11:54 PM
RE: doing what can be done - by Willoughby - March 27, 2019, 12:00 AM
RE: doing what can be done - by Jarilo - March 29, 2019, 12:18 AM
RE: doing what can be done - by Willoughby - March 29, 2019, 07:16 PM
RE: doing what can be done - by Jarilo - April 04, 2019, 12:25 AM
RE: doing what can be done - by Willoughby - April 04, 2019, 10:00 PM
RE: doing what can be done - by Jarilo - April 07, 2019, 03:54 AM
RE: doing what can be done - by Willoughby - April 08, 2019, 11:02 PM
RE: doing what can be done - by Jarilo - April 11, 2019, 11:49 PM