Totoka River Try to convince ourselves.
328 Posts
Ooc —
When Firefly next spoke, Ephraim fixed him with a narrow gaze. What was he playing at? Do you think I'm stupid? he wondered, his voice once again gaining an edge. There was still that little flame in him that once made him a proud warrior of Drageda. It sputtered weakly, dim and dying, but every now and then it flared up. With Drageda gone, he had no reason to seek revenge on the Rusalka wolves, this guy included, but it didn't stop the anger that sometimes reared its head when they spoke ill of Drageda. He had left Drageda because he no longer believed in it, but all the same, he was protective of it. Just not more than himself.

All Ephraim wanted now was to get away from it all, escape with his life and be done with it.

I'm not going to go there, I'm not an idiot, he declared, flaring his nostrils as if to say, can't believe you'd think I'm that dumb. Maybe it was just the wont of Rusalka to look down on everyone that wasn't one of their chaotic ilk. Firefly laughed and he frowned. I don't know what you mean by that. That's your problem, he said, quieting his indignation just a little. When you see her again, tell her I said hi. If what Antumbra said about her was true, she wouldn't care. But maybe some small part of her would, like some small part of him wanted to see his mom again and remember her face, however impossible that was.

Then he turned as if to leave, pausing just long enough for Firefly to say something if he wanted to.
Messages In This Thread
Try to convince ourselves. - by RIP Firefly - April 11, 2019, 11:52 AM
RE: Try to convince ourselves. - by Ephraim - April 11, 2019, 12:17 PM
RE: Try to convince ourselves. - by RIP Firefly - April 11, 2019, 12:33 PM
RE: Try to convince ourselves. - by Ephraim - April 11, 2019, 02:29 PM
RE: Try to convince ourselves. - by RIP Firefly - April 11, 2019, 05:07 PM
RE: Try to convince ourselves. - by Ephraim - April 12, 2019, 02:34 PM
RE: Try to convince ourselves. - by RIP Firefly - April 13, 2019, 02:50 PM
RE: Try to convince ourselves. - by Ephraim - April 24, 2019, 11:22 PM
RE: Try to convince ourselves. - by RIP Firefly - April 28, 2019, 06:48 PM
RE: Try to convince ourselves. - by Ephraim - April 29, 2019, 02:28 PM
RE: Try to convince ourselves. - by RIP Firefly - April 29, 2019, 04:37 PM