Arrow Lake and my words are forever, my blanket, my shiver
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
ingram flinched a second time as the alleged berx turned around to stare him down. for a second, he thought he was surely meeting his maker and willed his legs not to shake -- but then berx was storming past him.

oh thank god, ingram thought, a smile filling his features as he watched what he anticipated would be a heartwarming scene of berx gingerly inspecting aurewen. only, there was nothing ginger about the man. like a bull, he tore past the two of them and then disappeared into the den.

ingram was rooted to the spot, glancing towards the now-not-so-close aurewen with an overwhelmed what-the-fuck look clearly on his features. what had he done? was this his fault?

"well, fuck." ingram muttered, eyes on the den where the shadows remained unbroken. berx did not resurface.

he didn't know what to do. this was all way out of his wheelhouse, and he knew it. didn't berx care about aurewen at all? or was this maybe how aurewen normally was? he didn't remember her being this air-headed when she had met him at the borders, but maybe that was because she had barely spoken at all.

"uh.. i'm gonna go." ingram announced with a tremor in his voice, his ears flat as he glanced from aurewen to the den where the very scary man had disappeared. "um," ingram shuffled, looking at the bone and the marmot before speaking up and wincing at the way his voice bounced off the stone, abrupt as the clatter of the femur bone had been in the subsequent tension. "bye, aurewen. i hope you feel better.. bye uh, berx? anyway... yeah, i should... go..." ingram trailed off, already turning around and trying to get the fudge out of there as fast as he could without betraying the fact that he was clearly leaving as quickly as his stumpy legs could take him.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and my words are forever, my blanket, my shiver - by Ingram Sr - April 29, 2019, 05:16 PM