Blackfeather Woods come lay your bones on the alabaster stones
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
the stars...a soft sigh slips silently from pale jaws as her eyes instinctively reach for the skies above despite the thickly woven branches blocking most of her view and well, it wasn't like she was going to see any in the middle of the day anyway. she allows her gaze to return to the darkly cloaked woman once more and shakes her head slightly. "not too muchshe admits honestly, despite a lingering fondness for them she was no expert. all she knew was what she'd been told and then again, she had no solid proof that even that was true. that led to her wondering- who was it that got to decide things like that? who was the first wolf to gaze at those star scattered skies and assign names to the bundles of lights? "i used to know someone, he..she'd inhale softly, it was the first time she'd spoken of him aloud and although she refused to even allow a name into the equation it still had her heart wincing at the notion. "he was really fond of the way the world worked, he told me stuff about themand while wolves fought, bled and died not too far off somehow he'd find solace and peace looking up at this sky and promising me that somewhere we could look at this exact spot and stand on ground not slicked in constant blood and death...she'd found his world, if only he'd gotten to too.

she swallows hastily, shocked by the sudden swarm of emotions to puncture her gut and has to glance away to regain her composure. luckily she manages to conceal it better than she feels like she does; perhaps a slight wince is visible to her company but that wouldn't seem to out of the ordinary, she knew she wasn't the only wolf to have not so great pasts. just these random bouts of emotion were a whole bigger deal to someone who had grown so isolated from them, teekon had been chipping at this wall bit by bit and the longer she resided here the weaker it grew. she was beyond grateful when bertók made a sudden appearance- gliding with his silent grace until landing on a low branch near tundra- only inches above their heads. with a small smile she'd nod in the raven's direction; "that's bertókshe'd introduce, watching as he cawed softly before settling further onto his perch. she'd linger on him only a moment longer before looking back to cassiopeia; the distraction helping steady herself once more.

this new knowledge surprised her and she'd blink with enhanced curiousity now, leaning back on her haunches with a small tilt to her head. her gaze follows the other's to the young nona and a sigh drifts free of her jaws once more, yea she seemed angry at the scarred girl but that wasn't it really; she was just angry at the situation and maegi just happened to be at the receiving end of it. after all it was easier to push frustration onto a being than a situation you could do nothing about. she'd glance back until her company finished all she had to say. "this place has some history doesn't itshe'd murmur, she wondered who maegi's other brother was. she only knew of her and ramsay, still she chose not to press on it for now at least. the war, she'd heard of that from moonshadow too. "it's strange...despite initially knowing absolutely nothing about this place, from the moment i was accepted the first time by relmyna i felt a tug here, even before thatshe'd frown a moment longer before simply shrugging "i dunno, i think this place just has potential

she'd flick her tail to the side, kind of surprised she'd said so much to the girl considering this was literally the first time she'd ever seen her but it felt good to talk. she'd blink once more before asking; "what brought you back?"
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: come lay your bones on the alabaster stones - by Tundra - June 13, 2019, 06:15 AM