Deepwood Weald Some say the end is near
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
<3 sorry for the wait!
i've left it so that you can archive it with your next post or if you have anything else you want him to say and tundra to react to; i can archive it with my next. i definitely want these two to meet again though!

there's a certain type of talk that takes place between....like-minded individuals. the type of conversation that would confuse onlookers of different mindsets as they spun this careful dance with their tongues. they knew where to twirl, jump and skip to avoid traps and catch oppurtunities with sometimes the barest of words. because conversation was so much more than speech, had her most significant encounter in teekon not consisted of only a couple sentences? even now her skin prickles at the old memory. salmon disrupts the gleam of her shark toothed grin as a tongue runs with exaggerated casualness across pearly fangs. "oh sorryshe lilts, sympathy as feigned as his need for it. her tail swishes as she tilts her head to the side; "but i stand by it...stoic is indeed a...convenient trait but perhaps there's more to life than convenience, no?and still she parrots on with that absolute hypocrisy. where she'd gotten the idea to lecture this man on actions she too displayed, who knows? was it perhaps secretly aimed at not only him- but her? even less likely for anyone to know. 

yet she's stubborn, refusing to admit such thoughts to herself hence remaining in whole, a hypocrite. shadows shift within doll-eyes as deep tones break free from the man once more. a wordless smile passes fleetingly over features that had since settled back into casual indifference at his declaration as to how one couldn't possibly share too much with a stranger. yet.....yes, he would share with her; she could catch it in the trailing off of his voice, the glint in crimson orbs. he did not plan to leave it at that and indeed he carried on to offer up a name; "nightwalkersshe exhales softly, the word leaking from her jaws as smooth and cool as dark lake waters. a slow inhale before silence descends on heavy wings; cloaking her features so that there could be an iron barrier between them with the lack of sound or expression to cross the ghost.

fragments drift towards her and as easy as it should be to dart from them before any contact is made; she finds herself rooted as flashes of pictures spring tauntingly around her. shadows in the dark....much like the walkers of the night...skulking and slaying. something stirs deep in her gut, she ignores it. focuses on him. he's speaking again, yes- keep doing that. the cloak falls away; her position shifts and she's back. everything's still okay, in fact how close she'd come to it not being okay, to the crack causing the whole wall to crumble leaves her strangely exhilarated. so it's with ease that she allows that coy smile to grace pretty features once more at his promise. "i look forward to itshe allows although wether there is actually truth to her words is certainly debatable. there is definitely a curiosity present though and for now she'll allow it to flicker although..."as long as it never affects my wolves that isshe muses, a soft warning to a tone as icy as it is calm. the possesive 'my' in the sentence the first and only hint to her title back in the woods.

at his final statement she gives a little head dip; grin lingering. "i'm satisfiedit comes out almost like a purr, tail swishing at her haunches as she steps back, watching him for another few moments before adding; "but vengeance...the shadows..the night are the best friends of the..assassin? soldier? mercenary?: "killer. but be careful they're...greedy. don't get too comfortable with them.she frowns thoughtfully for a few more moments before shrugging it off and blinking his way; she's satisfied with the course of their conversation; but lingers nevertheless in case he has something more to say. it's a rare occurrence indeed but the decima actually wishes to hear it if he has more to say; if not, she'll take her leave- ghostly form drifting lightly into the lengthening shadows reaching out to greet her.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
Some say the end is near - by Vengeance - July 24, 2019, 09:19 PM
RE: Some say the end is near - by Tundra - July 25, 2019, 06:11 PM
RE: Some say the end is near - by Vengeance - July 25, 2019, 07:26 PM
RE: Some say the end is near - by Tundra - July 26, 2019, 02:59 PM
RE: Some say the end is near - by Vengeance - July 31, 2019, 11:09 AM
RE: Some say the end is near - by Tundra - August 08, 2019, 10:58 AM
RE: Some say the end is near - by Vengeance - August 14, 2019, 11:45 AM
RE: Some say the end is near - by Tundra - August 16, 2019, 04:10 PM
RE: Some say the end is near - by Vengeance - August 18, 2019, 07:23 PM
RE: Some say the end is near - by Tundra - August 21, 2019, 02:58 PM