Arrow Lake I don't know what I'm doing half the time
190 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
It felt like there was a piece of gravel stuck in his molars, which made no sense. For a few seconds the fight was forgotten as he rooted around with his tongue, grimacing at the dirt. When he finally dislodged the shape and spat it on the ground, Mesa saw that it was a tooth; a small bloody mass of enamel. He stared down at it for a heartbeat longer, and then turned to face his opponent again, only to find that she was running off in despair.

As much as he wanted to keep up with the game, Mesa was now transfixed by his first battle wound; his pride swelled, ego too, and he stood proudly on the spot with his head raised. He wanted to shout obsceneties at the retreating girl but he didn't know any, so instead he just barked sharply after her and began to laugh - one of those obnoxious, forced laughs that grated on one's ears.

The girl would think twice before coming near Diaspora again, all because of him! As Mesa turned back to where the tiny tooth sat cooling on the soil, he tongued at the gap inside of his mouth, and retreated down one of the nearby slopes so he could find a sibling (or a parent) and boast about his accomplishment.
Messages In This Thread
I don't know what I'm doing half the time - by Lainie - September 04, 2019, 05:13 PM
RE: I don't know what I'm doing half the time - by Mesa - September 04, 2019, 10:52 PM
RE: I don't know what I'm doing half the time - by Lainie - September 05, 2019, 08:59 AM
RE: I don't know what I'm doing half the time - by Mesa - September 05, 2019, 11:23 AM
RE: I don't know what I'm doing half the time - by Lainie - September 05, 2019, 01:35 PM
RE: I don't know what I'm doing half the time - by Mesa - September 05, 2019, 01:42 PM
RE: I don't know what I'm doing half the time - by Lainie - September 05, 2019, 03:21 PM
RE: I don't know what I'm doing half the time - by Mesa - September 06, 2019, 11:17 AM
RE: I don't know what I'm doing half the time - by Lainie - September 06, 2019, 07:03 PM
RE: I don't know what I'm doing half the time - by Mesa - September 06, 2019, 07:27 PM
RE: I don't know what I'm doing half the time - by Lainie - September 07, 2019, 02:46 PM
RE: I don't know what I'm doing half the time - by Mesa - September 07, 2019, 03:25 PM