Swiftcurrent Creek BWP P2: For you, I would get beat to smithereens
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Random Event 
Everyone is welcome!!

The sun was still a while from rising, but Kavik had already been up for some time. The constant rumbles coming from the mountains had him tense and on edge, and so sleep evaded him as usual. He didn't bother checking the caches at this point, it would just be disappointing, so he made his way down to his favorite part of the creek where it hugged the side of mountains. He wasn't sure anyone else would feel the same, but he could swear that the water tasted better here. Plus, it was often shaded and cool, which made for a nice haven from the sun on warmer days.

He stopped as his paws entered the cool water and lowered his head down to drink. He had only managed a few laps when the rumbling started again. This time it was louder, though, and he lifted his head to scan the area around him. Then the ground began shake with small vibrations that very quickly became much more intense. He had to brace himself against a tree to keep from falling. The quaking went on for far longer than any of the other rumbles he had felt the last few days. Small rocks began to tumbled down from the peaks, landing in the creek with a splash, and he risked moving farther from the water to avoid getting hit. The rumbling in the ground finally subsided, and he took a few steps forward before the sound of more falling rocks made him freeze.

This time, a group of bolders tumbled down the rocky slope, and he watched in horror as one bigger than he was landed in the creek. It smashed into the bank, cracking the trunk of a large tree before breaking into four or five smaller pieces. 

When all seemed quiet, he trotted back over to the water and inspected the damage. There didn't seem to be too much aside from the tree that seemed ready to fall over at any moment. He worried still. Was it safe to stay here? What if this happened again and someone got hurt? He didn't know what to do. It was hard to believe this was a one time event. They had been hearing the mountains rumble for days, and things had now gotten worse. What if it only continued in that trend?
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
BWP P2: For you, I would get beat to smithereens - by RIP Kavik - September 16, 2019, 03:03 PM