Neverwinter Forest You can hide underneath me and come out at night
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Another droll yet scathing exchange happened, but this time it seemed to entice his pitch-haired companions more so than the rest of them. Which wasn't to say that Isi didn't have a certain fire about her either—Dirge was unsurprisingly the outlier, who couldn't help but steal a skyward glance as he heard the rumbling begin and caught sight of Arcturus rising to the challenge, speaking of diplomacy.

Yet the thing he thought he knew about diplomacy was that it was a very fine line to walk, and if that line had been drawn in the sand then they had been veering across it back and forth wildly. If the merle wolf had indeed been in the process of claiming that territory, then it was a slow progression. Brazen, given the timing, but so was Vercingtorix leaving his children alone in the woods given what had happened with them. Unless they had followed, which again, Dirge did not put outside the realm of possibility. But with the variables quickly getting out of hand and surely into territory he didn't care to toy with, he found his gaze leveling out once again and shifting between his brother-in-law and the young charges in their company.

"Easy," he chided of both of them. "I think he's offered us a fair deal for his and our wasted time. Let's take the rabbit and regroup elsewhere, and leave him to his own devices." Like erecting his poor borders, or failing to bolster his lacking numbers, but neither of those suggestions sought to roll off his tongue. Where Hydra would have sought to tear the yearling a few new holes for his forwardness, Dirge wanted to make good on the tactical situation (or truly the lack thereof). They knew he was there, and he would know they were there. The wolf could be dealt with later—the children were decidedly more important.

They had been through enough, or so he had been told.
Messages In This Thread
RE: You can hide underneath me and come out at night - by Dirge - October 28, 2019, 05:48 PM