Neverwinter Forest and i wondered for those i love still
134 Posts
Ooc —
Instead of hearing her out, Mal interrupted immediately with a howl for back-up. Cute. For someone pretending to be a leader, Belharra didn't see many leadership qualities in Mal. Her eyes flashed in response, but instead of a bite, Belharra only smiled. If that was how he wanted to set up the deck, fine. 

At the end of the day whether Mal wanted to be delusional or not, Belharra was provincially right; this was neutral land. Mal's insistence otherwise wasn't going to change her mind. In fact her nose worked just fine, and a handful of wolves did not a pack make. The way she had come in, she hadn't scented anything up until Cam. That, simply, was the truth of her narrative. "If that's how you'd like to play it.. but I'm better served as your healer, not your enemy. You don't have the numbers for a pack. You got one or two wolves and a hurt kid. So forgive my nose, for not bein' psychic. To be rude about it when this is neutral land is no way to make followers. I suspect that doesn't do favors to your likability, which may be linked to your lack of a thorough following." She gave a shrug, careless to the sharpness of her tongue. Wasn't really her fault Mal was being aggressive instead of dealing with the real priority, which was his sick follower. Her gaze slid to Cam, who now was clearly a victim of fever. He was seeing things that weren't there, a classic symptom that she could have fixed, easily too.  Soon infection would take over his body. And then who knows? Survival was never a guarantee in the wilds. "He's very ill. Fever, likely. Pity he will suffer on account of your pride." Belharra tsked and shook her head, disappointed. It was really too bad Mal had his head screwed on wrong, because Belharra could have been an asset. Maybe then he'd have the numbers for pack he was claiming he had. 

His loss. 

Another arrived at the tail end of Belharra's speech. She gave him a disarming smile, already putting enough distance between them so that she could not be struck. "Oh, I had reason to be here. It's neutral land, and I was gonna see about helping this kid.. but, the chief says otherwise. I'll be on my way, now." Belharra wasn't in the least intimidated by either, but she found letting people believe they had won was how you first got their guard down. Enemies were always much easier strike when they thought you were no longer a threatening piece in their game.

She would play pawn, and make her way to the corner. Her ear was kept turned as she walked, waiting for one of them to chase. When Belharra came back to Neverwinter, she would not come to heal.

She felt bad for the kid, though. He looked in rough sorts. It was a shame, a crying shame. Belharra would have to take her bleeding heart elsewhere.
Messages In This Thread
and i wondered for those i love still - by Cam - November 17, 2019, 05:10 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Belharra - November 19, 2019, 05:38 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Mal - November 19, 2019, 09:28 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Cam - November 21, 2019, 07:28 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Belharra - November 21, 2019, 10:10 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Mal - November 21, 2019, 11:26 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Markus - November 22, 2019, 12:19 AM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Cam - November 24, 2019, 10:03 PM
RE: and i wondered for those i love still - by Belharra - November 24, 2019, 10:22 PM