Hoshor Plains brings me 'round again
207 Posts
Ooc —
More family, alive. Yet the revelation only makes him feel more hollow; there is no mention of @Kasatka or @Eventide, no hint that Catori might have found her way back to the splintered family. All he hears is a list of barely-familiar names, and the realization that he does not belong. He remembers Sunny most of all, and his heart aches for his older brother — but he can see in Dawn's face that hers aches far more for her littermate. Once, he'd have done anything for that kind of devotion from the wolves who are meant to be his family, but now...
He shakes his head slowly, and part of him starts to fracture and crumble somewhere deep within. They're your family, and you're theirs, more than any of you have ever been mine. I don't blame you for choosing them, especially when Sunny needs you, but I — He swallows. My place there died with our father, I think. Nothing was the same after that, and I've been gone so long now, and Kasatka and Eventide... They're gone, or dead, and how can he uproot himself now to make a place among a family of strangers without them?
I'll visit, He announces abruptly, voice thickening slightly with the sudden threat of tears. If you tell me where you're all staying. I'll visit often. But I need to follow my heart as much as you do — and mine is... Unbidden, his eyes return to Evergreen again, the glance so brief it could easily be missed but full of meaning before he focuses on his sister again. He can't bring himself to finish the sentence; it suddenly feels too intimate, too much like a confession he doesn't want to make in front of Dawn. He's made his point anyway, he thinks, so he moves to the next thought nagging him. How did Sunny get hurt? Will he live?
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
Messages In This Thread
brings me 'round again - by Dawn - January 01, 2020, 09:02 PM
RE: brings me 'round again - by Evergreen - January 02, 2020, 02:59 AM
RE: brings me 'round again - by Dawn - January 19, 2020, 03:29 PM
RE: brings me 'round again - by Evergreen - January 19, 2020, 05:28 PM
RE: brings me 'round again - by Dawn - January 20, 2020, 12:58 PM
RE: brings me 'round again - by Evergreen - January 20, 2020, 05:28 PM
RE: brings me 'round again - by Dawn - January 20, 2020, 06:24 PM
RE: brings me 'round again - by Evergreen - January 20, 2020, 06:31 PM
RE: brings me 'round again - by Dawn - January 20, 2020, 06:42 PM
RE: brings me 'round again - by Winterbourne - January 20, 2020, 06:51 PM
RE: brings me 'round again - by Evergreen - January 20, 2020, 06:58 PM