Blacktail Deer Plateau Husks and shells
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Fin noted his surprise, but took it initially as a reaction to her bold remark. It brought a grin of pride to her face. She enjoyed being one from whom to expect the unexpected. She snickered at his correction, but went ahead and made a mental note of it. Apparently being a 'mother fucker' was preferable to being a 'bitch'. Men--always lining people up for a good thinking-with-your-penis joke.

When Peregrine spoke again, though, it was Fin who got to be surprised. The confession seemed to come out of left field to the feisty Blackthorn. She quirked a brow at him, still smiling good-naturedly but not even bothering to attempt the confusion that briefly showed on her face. He was quick to continue his explanation; clarifying for her that it was a familial sort of affection that stemmed from their mutual affinity for vulgarity and wit. She could tell by his facial expressions and tone that there was a weight to his words and an emotion he wasn't giving his voice to directly. In truth, it made Fin feel a bit uncomfortable, but not because she was the cause of her alpha's emotion, but only because she never had a clue how to react when people got all wishy-washy on her.

You know, you seem pretty alright too, Fin responded, snickering at his white teeth as they beamed through the filth on his face. And I will be glad to take any crap you give me in jest so long as I can mock you mercilessly when you screw up and knock you down a few pegs when I feel like you're just feeling too damn proud of yourself. She smiled. It felt like a pretty good deal to her.

I have to do my face, Fin barked at him suddenly, eager to distract from whatever touchy-feely junk that they were about to get into. She lifted a paw from the muck and patted it down on her face until there were two steaks going down from her eyebrows to the underside of her neck and a big glob on her chin. She then brushed another glob onto the top of her head, brushing her hair as forward as she could get it until it was sticking up in the air in twists and knots with chunks of mud tangled and dripping down the sides of her head.

Once the look was complete, she turned to him with a stoic expression on her face. If you don't tell me I look super bad ass right now, I will bite you, Fin claimed, fighting the tickle of the mud as it dripped uncomfortably into her ears.

Messages In This Thread
Husks and shells - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 09, 2014, 10:00 AM
RE: Husks and shells - by Finley - August 09, 2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Husks and shells - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 09, 2014, 06:54 PM
RE: Husks and shells - by Finley - August 09, 2014, 07:25 PM
RE: Husks and shells - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 09, 2014, 07:30 PM
RE: Husks and shells - by Finley - August 09, 2014, 07:57 PM
RE: Husks and shells - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 09, 2014, 08:00 PM
RE: Husks and shells - by Finley - August 09, 2014, 08:10 PM
RE: Husks and shells - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 10, 2014, 01:31 PM
RE: Husks and shells - by Finley - August 11, 2014, 06:43 PM
RE: Husks and shells - by Peregrine Redhawk - August 12, 2014, 06:51 PM