Nocturne Summit i came down from the moon
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
There was no denying the glint of relief he felt when she brought up the pups, and it didn't matter about what. They were his most valuable resource of distraction and this only continued to today. Granted, they could be a lot of work and he felt frustrated by them and their teeth at times but their rewards were gratifying, and they certainly helped him think less about his losses, and what he missed in life. Not really one of them specifically, I'd say... It just depends on the day which ones aren't busy bothering anyone elsewhere, or are interested in what I'm doing. Between all four I can usually find at least one volunteer, he said thoughtfully. He tended not to specialize too significantly with the ones that wanted to veer more towards a hunter's route because he'd rather them spend their time among the true, fully-realized and practiced hunters, yet even that varied often. Sure, he'd help them track or hunt but it really was not his most shining of skills, so he did like to take them to the borderlands and help them train up their offense and defense instead, plus a little scouting about on the side of course--the mountain had many secrets and he wanted the next generation to appreciate them. Mostly I just take them with me and help them explore the mountain more and more, or sometimes we spar a bit, roam around, so on, since they're a lot more independent these days too, he detailed; they didn't need his (or anyone's) constant watching anymore. 

As for her, he was quite content to listen--from the borders to the preparations for spring, he felt like he was about on the same wavelength, for she seemed to have a sensible outlook on this all. He did too, and finding more sound minds around the pack made it better. He nodded here and there. That's good.. I'm happy that all sounds pretty good--I know how settling in and the whole... heat situation.. can complicate it here, and some don't seem to handle it nearly as well as you, he said, quieter. And of course. As soon as we have some new, earnest green growing in, he replied, a smirk too, though he realized he was looking forward to the true turn towards spring quite a bit. Our first hard freeze came kind of early, I thought, so I guess that has made winter feel longer as far as the plants seem concerned.. he provided, not that his histories with it were vast--but he was trained to see it, and understand the signs.  He was ready for buds and blossoms. The winterwhite might have its majesty and all, but his heart was with the verdant spring.

While she detailed some of the funner aspects of winter on the mountain, his tail found a slow sway, him uplifted a touch by the thought of such play. You know, honestly probably not as much as I could be lately, he reasoned as he slowed his step to navigate a particular spot. Staying distracted helped him, even if he lost himself in the duty sometimes -- it was what he set out to do here, more or less. Winter makes me tense.. or restless, I think. And we have had so many snowflakes to chase... he reflected on the recent snows, and how more days were gray, cloudy and full of falling flurries than clear and sunny.

After a beat of silence, he reflected well on her suggestion that over-arched it all--that maybe he get to unwind a bit more, balance it out, you know?  He chuffed that maybe now was a fine time to start trying to enjoy more, and with it, he hoped to spend the coming hours exploring, roving, and relaxing a bit beside good company like hers. Eventually the path would loop back to the Spear but really, for now, he did not rush. A part of him needed this step back.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Messages In This Thread
i came down from the moon - by Jarilo - January 19, 2020, 02:57 AM
RE: i came down from the moon - by Katya Noir - January 21, 2020, 06:02 PM
RE: i came down from the moon - by Jarilo - January 21, 2020, 11:10 PM
RE: i came down from the moon - by Katya Noir - January 28, 2020, 05:29 PM
RE: i came down from the moon - by Jarilo - February 02, 2020, 12:15 AM
RE: i came down from the moon - by Katya Noir - February 04, 2020, 11:26 PM
RE: i came down from the moon - by Jarilo - February 10, 2020, 12:07 PM