Stone Circle there's a beautiful sadness that runs through him
185 Posts
Ooc —
"I,"

Polaris had given him food for thought.

He didn't really know how to deal with it, deal with the onslaught on emotions that followed, the sadness, the confusion, the bitterness, the angry. It was confusion, which led to anger, which let do his fur rising up as he glared harder at the ground before him. "Yes I feel guilty! This isn't normal! It's not even something that's practiced in my pack!"

And then a question, one that begged for clay to contort his face as he fell silent. He stood there, staring at the dove with such a fierce intensity within the night, uncertain of what it was she exactly wanted. Yes! It was disgusting and repulsive, but did she really want clay to say that? To make her upset?

"No," he lied. Something weighed down within his gut.

And then he watched as she turned to look at the sky. He huffed at the action, feeling it was ominous like his father. That man was always staring up and down as if he was watching the gods he spoke of. But polaris? What was she looking at? "The stones? The stones are nothing like my problem—They're rocks! This... this.... mm. THESE FEELINGS! ARE NOT LIKE ROCKS, POLARIS!" he yelled

He was screaming now, he was sure of it by the burning in his throat and flushed skin. His anger was rising, uncontrollable, and volatile, and poor Polaris was caught up in it. He didn't mean to scream at her, to lose his temper. But she had triggered it! It was her fault for comparing his complex feelings to a rock!

She didn't understand!

Grounding his teeth together in a swarm of frustration, clay huffed in deep breaths. Whatever friendship they had kindled was too fragile in the eyes of the prince, and he was careless in discarding it into the night. "Forget it. You'll never understand— i'm leaving. And don't come looking for me this time." he barked, turning away to leave.
Messages In This Thread
RE: there's a beautiful sadness that runs through him - by Clay - May 08, 2020, 01:36 PM