Blackbeak Bluff i brought my body to the altar
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
sorry for the wait on this!!

So, yes, Renard was expecting something that was straightforwardly a tale. Make believe, even if you dressed it up well enough that it didn’t sound make believe. But the man launched into a story that was not this, and appeared to contain no moral whatsoever, unless the moral was not to climb mountains.

In the quiet following his last words, the wolfdog regarded him quietly. The wind howled over their heads, the birds kept wheeling off the edge of the cliff, and yes, Renard could see why you might want to deny the finality of something like that.

“No once upon a time, hm?” Renard said lightly, angling their head. It was plainly enough a truth, and of course the kind you would share with a stranger. Not that Renard had anything to offer him but the quirk of a proverbial brow as they took it all in. Their mouth quirked. “I’ll grant you that. And hope for your sake that your story does have an ending. They can be comforting things.”

“Thank you for the story.” Seemed like they’d rather passed the point of introducing themselves, but for now they could go without bringing it up. They made a quick gesture of their muzzle to the sweep of the cliff on towards the horizon, and, in what would likely seem apropos of nothing, said, “This coast. Is this where you live?”

Messages In This Thread
i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - May 29, 2020, 08:53 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - May 29, 2020, 09:36 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - May 30, 2020, 12:12 AM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - May 30, 2020, 10:06 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - May 31, 2020, 02:08 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - May 31, 2020, 08:22 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - June 01, 2020, 05:42 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - June 04, 2020, 08:01 AM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - June 05, 2020, 09:46 PM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Astaroth - June 09, 2020, 02:57 AM
RE: i brought my body to the altar - by Renard - June 22, 2020, 10:49 PM