Barrow Fields and drawing lines around my body to recall my place
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away

This part of the coast was odd. The cliffs were already nothing Renard had seen before, but they had seen cliffs, just perhaps not as sweeping. The mounds of earth poking up through the ground were nothing like hills, but they did provide shelter from the wind. It was weaker here, but the damage had already been done. On their haunches in the shade, Renard smoothed the fur on their shoulder with their tongue one last time and pulled a face. Salt.

It wasn't that they found personal grooming so important they had to look impeccable at all times. Their fur just felt very stiff. Give it more exposure and a couple days and they'd be cracking with each step. Not their ideal situation.

They were caught between putting the proverbial foot down and saying enough of that or seeing just how well they could work their ears and nose around it. It might be a challenge. Maybe a fun one. Maybe just irritating. They would try anything once.

...more than once, usually. Until it became more trouble than it was worth. But they should at least attempt to work around the new world they were finding themselves in, even if it did involve more salt than they'd prefer.
Messages In This Thread
and drawing lines around my body to recall my place - by Renard - May 30, 2020, 12:39 AM