Stone Circle Well, I've been afraid of changing
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
slight pp'ing @Valette let me know if i need to change it!

The howl came on the wind, completely unexpected and somewhat unwelcome. Siarut was tucked firmly around his children. Still reeling from the death of his wife, and far to attached to them then might have been considered healthy. Valette lingered nearby. He hadn't said much in the last couple of days. Completely ignoring anyone who came near him. The only time he moved was when his children whined from hunger. And she was always there. Deep down the man was utterly grateful for his new sister. She kept his children alive, and had therefore bought her way into his circle, into his family. Just as he would protect Takiyok, Shivali, and Tahani; Siarut would now protect Valette. But at this moment, his surface emotions rang along the lines of annoyance and anger. He had never noticed how different the two sisters were. But now... now it was a torment. Because Valette was so similar to Nanook and yet so different. Close enough for him to recognize his mate, but different in a way that made him miss her all the more.

So he felt embarrassed to call the woman when his children needed her. Because he wasn't enough for them. He hadn't protected them or their mother as he should have. Once again Siarut had failed. The pain was suffocating. He had promised her, made vows to her. But ultimately he had never been good enough for her, strong enough for her. And now he couldn't even keep his children alive without her. It would be at least another month before his pups could survive without milk. If only it was the other way around. The darkness of his thoughts had increased in the last two days. His mood increasingly depressed. He knew Valette was worried.

With a heavy sigh, Siarut exited the den. Explaining it was his sister at the border, and he had to greet her, Siarut made his way to the border. He was obviously exhausted, his pelt dull, his eyes duller still. Having little energy Siarut could barely manage a subtle trot to pace the distance quicker.

The sight that greeted him did nothing to improve his mood. Once again relying on his northern heritage, Siarut had returned to his frigid exterior. Giving away little to no emotion, unlike their last visit where they had both had so much energy. Now, now they bother looked old and worn, years before their time. Her fur was held to tightly to her rib cage, and she looked as though she was nothing but bones. And only because she was his favorite sisters (not that he would ever tell her that); Sia's brow furrowed in worry. "Sister." He called gently, stopping near her.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

Messages In This Thread
Well, I've been afraid of changing - by Takiyok - June 12, 2020, 04:59 PM
RE: Well, I've been afraid of changing - by Siarut - June 12, 2020, 05:57 PM
RE: Well, I've been afraid of changing - by Takiyok - June 12, 2020, 06:17 PM
RE: Well, I've been afraid of changing - by Siarut - June 12, 2020, 06:36 PM
RE: Well, I've been afraid of changing - by Takiyok - June 12, 2020, 06:59 PM
RE: Well, I've been afraid of changing - by Siarut - June 12, 2020, 07:10 PM
RE: Well, I've been afraid of changing - by Takiyok - June 12, 2020, 07:27 PM
RE: Well, I've been afraid of changing - by Siarut - June 12, 2020, 07:47 PM