Blacktail Deer Plateau woke up on the wrong side
127 Posts
Ooc — Flyleaf
Away
At this point I’m leaning very heavily towards having her recruited, if not on the spot then in the near future >:>c Could be interesting if she hears about Donovan or Nemisis’, uh, other exploits (somewhere along the line), but I’ll see how IC interaction goes!

also, finley not picking up any aggression from donnie here like

Donovan turned his back to her without hesitation, and just like that they were into the woods. Again, Finley noted, entirely self-assured of the male, turning his back on her like that. Was he that confident in his superiority, were she more volatile and willing to attack? Their heights weren’t as offset as she’d first assumed.

She gave a small nod of acknowledgment as he echoed her name; idly she realized she’d left out her “surname,” but it wasn’t as though Donovan, who for all purposes was still a stranger, needed to know this information. He certainly didn’t need to know what, exactly, it was. Although Finley stayed behind him, he might have noticed her ears flatten as she dismissed the thought. The croaking caw of ravens above them, as if warning their brethren of the passing beasts, was excuse enough.

“Always itching to kill.” Hm. Had Donovan answered with something about protecting the land or proving her own or the fledgling pack’s strength, Finley would have no further questions. But killing for no reason sounded like a great way to make enemies. And he spoke as though his “partner” was a foolish pup who liked tearing frogs’ limbs for fun.

Before she could decide whether to press the question, Donovan asked the key question: her intentions. Ah. Of course Finley didn’t have an answer. And, seeing as he was founding a pack, she wouldn’t have been surprised if there was a deeper question in play.

Again she had no reason to lie. “I suppose I’m taking it day by day.” No reason to divulge the sordid, hopeless details, either. “I’ve heard these are popular lands.” Still sensing no danger, Finley added, “Is your partner the only recruit?”
Messages In This Thread
woke up on the wrong side - by Finley Grebe - July 02, 2020, 05:13 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side - by Kynareth Deagon - July 02, 2020, 05:45 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side - by Finley Grebe - July 02, 2020, 06:08 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side - by Kynareth Deagon - July 02, 2020, 06:24 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side - by Finley Grebe - July 02, 2020, 06:56 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side - by Kynareth Deagon - July 02, 2020, 07:17 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side - by Finley Grebe - July 02, 2020, 07:47 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side - by Kynareth Deagon - July 02, 2020, 08:42 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side - by Finley Grebe - July 02, 2020, 09:09 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side - by Kynareth Deagon - July 02, 2020, 09:28 PM
RE: woke up on the wrong side - by Finley Grebe - July 02, 2020, 09:55 PM