Northstar Vale It's just a lightyear and a day
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Reiko drifted her gaze away from the Duchess, but when Vespera asked her question Reiko snapped back at her which she should have expected but she still recoiled her head back just a bit in surprise. It was obvious that she was breaking down under pressure when she stated that this was what happened when she tried to stand up to Takeshi, but Vespera still saw that Reiko should have never let this man into her life in the first place. But what struck a chord most with Vespera was when she said that Yuudai died due to him speaking out which made the Duchess freeze up and inhale a shaky breath. He isn't dead... But... The aftermath of all this till hurts... She looked away from Reiko for a few moments to recollect herself, then she turned to Reiko with a stern gaze once again.

"Yes, but why did you let him in the first place?" She breathed, "I knew something was up when I traveled with you to Sagtannet, I know that there is something not right between the two of you!" Vespera retorted with a confused tone as if she couldn't fathom the thought that sweet Reiko would let this piece of shit into her life? What was the reason?

But the Empress wasn't done yet, in fact, she revealed some information to Vespera about a conversation that both she and Yuudai had about killing Takeshi. This did surprise the cloaked woman with her ears perking up and her eyes blinking rapidly for a few seconds as she asked Vespera a surprisingly hard question. Would she have trusted Yuudai and Reiko if they flat out murdered Takeshi? Normally, Vespera would have said yes on the spot for she believed some were deserving of death but this time she pondered on the question. In fact, she thought about what would have happened if she killed Greyback? What would Valette think? What would Ira do knowing that she murdered her father?

The girl had to give an honest answer though, so she put out her thoughts once she inhaled to recollect herself, "well, In my eyes, and what I have experienced, sometimes there are those who are beyond forgiving, sometimes their crimes pile up and you have to ask yourself: how long can this go on unpunished? If he keeps hurting others, drastic measures might have to be taken even if he was disciplined before, and yet nothing has come from those punishments? Will he ever grow?" The woman looked at her unknown cousin with a sincere gaze, like it was coming from her heart, "and yet begs the question, will we be as bad as him if we take his life? But is it so wrong to take one life to save many?" Vespera was divided on her morals, she really didn't know what to think, "some don't want forgiveness, and some can't be forgiven," she mumbled, tucking her tail around her paws and slowly drifting her eyes to look at her feet as if she was really contemplating this.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
Messages In This Thread
It's just a lightyear and a day - by Reiko - July 04, 2020, 09:36 PM
RE: It's just a lightyear and a day - by Vespera - July 04, 2020, 09:56 PM
RE: It's just a lightyear and a day - by Reiko - July 04, 2020, 10:12 PM
RE: It's just a lightyear and a day - by Vespera - July 04, 2020, 11:17 PM
RE: It's just a lightyear and a day - by Reiko - July 04, 2020, 11:38 PM
RE: It's just a lightyear and a day - by Vespera - July 05, 2020, 12:11 AM
RE: It's just a lightyear and a day - by Reiko - July 05, 2020, 12:36 AM
RE: It's just a lightyear and a day - by Vespera - July 05, 2020, 02:06 AM
RE: It's just a lightyear and a day - by Reiko - July 05, 2020, 10:46 AM
RE: It's just a lightyear and a day - by Vespera - July 05, 2020, 01:36 PM
RE: It's just a lightyear and a day - by Reiko - July 05, 2020, 02:25 PM