Redsand Canyon as the building continues to burn
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
renard had never given information for free once in their life, and they didn’t plan to start with finley. all the pieces held their own bit of truth, of course; they weren’t lying about anything, just…concealing the specifics. any bodies, any blood, any of the visible scars decorating the places where they’d fucked up and the lesson had been hammered in – those were between them and the people they’d left…one way or another.

she seemed like she had a head on her shoulders, so perhaps the perfunctory story she offered in response concealed cards she was holding close to her chest in turn, an intelligence that would fit what they’d seen of her so far.

or maybe there was nothing there to tell, and so there was nothing there to conceal, but that wasn’t nearly as exciting a concept.

“he did indeed.” and then it was all burned down by a single woman donovan was too blinded by to see the danger in. maybe there was a lesson to be found there, if he’d open his eyes to see it. instead they rolled down a parallel path to a similar end. not an opinion renard would be spinning in full to their packmates, but to finley, they couldn’t resist baiting the lure. “i wonder how much he learned."

her other query proved less of a minefield to answer. “i met donovan back in the forest. hunted and sparred with him before i made the decision. though by the time i came around to join, i’d missed most of the fun.” a smile. “but we’ve all heard the talk, i’m sure. our leaders have kicked up quite a fuss for themselves.”

Messages In This Thread
as the building continues to burn - by Renard - July 21, 2020, 04:05 PM
RE: as the building continues to burn - by Renard - July 21, 2020, 05:25 PM
RE: as the building continues to burn - by Renard - July 21, 2020, 07:06 PM
RE: as the building continues to burn - by Renard - July 21, 2020, 09:15 PM
RE: as the building continues to burn - by Renard - July 22, 2020, 06:00 PM
RE: as the building continues to burn - by Renard - July 23, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: as the building continues to burn - by Renard - July 23, 2020, 05:12 PM
RE: as the building continues to burn - by Renard - July 25, 2020, 11:09 AM
RE: as the building continues to burn - by Renard - July 25, 2020, 05:56 PM
RE: as the building continues to burn - by Renard - July 25, 2020, 10:03 PM
RE: as the building continues to burn - by Renard - July 27, 2020, 08:56 PM