Whitebark Stream I tried to call you home
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
RIP 
At the request of her player, Aphrodite has died and Taikon has found her body. This thread is for him relaying this information to anyone in Whitebark Stream who it's relevant to. @Juniper @Dawn @Artyom

For a week the prince had searched for her. The creature that he had once been a shadow to was nowhere to be found, and he didn't know what to do without her. Taikon had joined a pack solely because of Aphrodite. Her open demeanor and the beauty in her empathetic nature had drawn him to her and convinced him that no place she called home could ever be considered bad. When she had gone missing, he had feared that Donovan had taken her captive, prisoner to the Saints, he was terrified she might be tortured and killed.
It was eventually the smell of her corpse that told him of her fate. Just past the Otatso Wetlands, her body was hidden under a large shrub. He had found her laying down in a rather peaceful position, her head resting on her paws. A wound was on her back foot. Two marks told him that it had been a snake, and her scrunched expression told of the pain and anguish she had gone through while fighting its poison. All the herbs in the world could not save her; the wound itself had a green paste that had turned an abhorrent brown, dried out from almost a week before.
Her stillness... He had nudged her, knowing well that she would not move. Her body had been nearly mummified from the heat.
On his way home, he'd vomited twice, tears streaming down his cheeks. He felt ill from the smell of her body. He felt ill from the loss. He couldn't believe that such a simple, stupid creature had killed her. It didn't make any sense. It had to be intentional. It had to be a dream.
When Taikon reached the borders of Whitebark Stream, he let loose a very long, angry, anguished, lingering howl. It was to tell his pack mates that something terrible had happened, that Aphrodite had been found. He could not fit what he had seen into the message. On the borders, he burst into a sob, the reality of it at last hitting him.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
I tried to call you home - by Taikon - July 27, 2020, 12:09 AM
RE: I tried to call you home - by Artyom - July 28, 2020, 05:57 AM
RE: I tried to call you home - by Taikon - July 28, 2020, 10:21 AM
RE: I tried to call you home - by Artyom - July 28, 2020, 11:55 AM
RE: I tried to call you home - by Taikon - July 28, 2020, 02:32 PM