Herbalists' Cache faithful john
62 Posts
Ooc —
Adrenaline had temporarily washed away Thade’s exhaustion — as he rose to all fours and trembled on the spot like a newborn fawn — but no part of him could decide on which way to run. He took a step back, opening a chasm between himself and the intimidating sphinx before him.

“I’m taking you home to Sagtannet.”

His ears pulled back, and his expression morphed into one of unreserved accusation. Liar! The changeling backed away even more, despite the flood of reassurances gushing forth from Wintersbane in an effort to soothe him. But the bell could not be unrung. He could not imagine that this wolf’s kindnesses had been anything other than a ploy to deceive him, because Mother had done the very same things.

Except…

“I promise you: this is the way.”

Mother hadn’t been this kind or gentle. If Wintersbane was tricking him, he was using far more honey than Thade was accustomed to. His verdant green eyes were bulging, and it was clear that he was a hair’s breadth away from bolting. But, how… How do I know you’re t-tellin’ the truth?

I was once like you…

Thade couldn’t help but to listen. His ears slowly unfolded, and he stood a little straighter as if reconsidering his next move. He no longer seemed prepared to spring away, but the weight of doubt remained rooted upon his face. It was hard to imagine a wolf of Wintersbane’s immense size being taken by anyone, though he supposed the male had not always been so prominent.

You... never saw your familie again? he echoed quietly, knowing that this was a fate he wanted to avoid at all costs. I don’t… know what to do now. His voice trailed away. He stared at the ground between Wintersbane’s feet; his expression falling completely blank.
Messages In This Thread
faithful john - by Thade - September 03, 2020, 11:14 PM
RE: faithful john - by RIP Wintersbane - September 04, 2020, 09:49 AM
RE: faithful john - by Thade - September 05, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: faithful john - by RIP Wintersbane - September 05, 2020, 04:00 PM
RE: faithful john - by Thade - September 08, 2020, 01:48 PM
RE: faithful john - by RIP Wintersbane - September 09, 2020, 02:37 PM
RE: faithful john - by Thade - September 22, 2020, 10:21 PM
RE: faithful john - by RIP Wintersbane - September 26, 2020, 03:51 AM
RE: faithful john - by Thade - September 30, 2020, 05:30 PM