Wheeling Gull Isle and forgot i had claws
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
renard gave a polite dip of their head as she neared. it was clear enough huā knew praimfaya, trusted her even though they both bore the evidence of their last pack allegiance – but she leveled them with a suspicious glance. could have just been the saints scent lingering on their fur, up until she spoke.

so she did know. and mal...that wasn't the kid. so it was one of the others, but renard would be surprised if she didn't track her own people – letting them wander off without a word seemed more donovan's style. if they were staying, it was best nothing new about their activities cropped up.

they'd talked their way out of worse situations before. she might not trust them: a smart move on her part. they approved. for once, though, they weren't here with any...entirely underhanded intentions. 

praimfaya's interjection came before they could respond. renard's focus turned, the level violet of their gaze landing on her instead. as it had every time before, the language went past them. they wondered if that was something she'd be willing to teach, if they asked. if they followed her, it was worth learning. the court's own tongue had limited value here.

she didn't have to speak for them. it was more trust than they'd expected. but they wouldn't be considering betrayal, not any time soon; that much she'd earned.

they gave her a smile, edging closer to sincere than any of their others, before they turned back to the empress. "thank you. sure she'd like to hear from me, though."

"i was a saint. and donovan is..." they let their eyes drift from huā to the island and back, "not fond of you, or neverwinter forest. not after you ran him and nemisis out of ravensblood." they didn't have to force the disdain on her name. the only problem donovan had actually solved...funny how that worked. 

"when people he doesn't like come around near redsand canyon, they're just as likely to be attacked as kidnapped. happened to one of yours. a blind kid, called himself hide. donovan found him and decided to drag him back...another thing we didn't agree on." to put it lightly. they both liked a little entertainment, but this was the kind renard had grown tired of watching. it was only so fun to watch someone drive themselves into the ground when they were holding your leash. much better from a distance, and make no mistake, renard intended to watch all of this play out.

donovan just didn't have the good judgment to go along with his interests. it wasn't like he was dragging the kid back for information; they could've appreciated that. he was just looking to have his fun, because fucking everyone in the saints wasn't doing it for him anymore, apparently. 

"he let the kid go. but in the future, i wanted to avoid that. better if any visitors to the saints come in strength, or not at all." and renard left it there, nice and open for her own assumptions and with room to correct them if they needed to. "required a little...aggression, on my part."
Messages In This Thread
and forgot i had claws - by RIP Praimfaya - September 12, 2020, 12:56 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Renard - September 12, 2020, 02:57 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Huā - September 15, 2020, 10:01 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by RIP Praimfaya - September 16, 2020, 12:31 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Renard - September 16, 2020, 09:23 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Huā - October 02, 2020, 03:07 AM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by RIP Praimfaya - October 02, 2020, 10:32 AM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Renard - October 03, 2020, 11:26 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Huā - October 17, 2020, 05:09 PM