Wheeling Gull Isle and forgot i had claws
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
renard cast a thoughtful glance at praimfaya as she spoke. she was a warrior; they hadn't found that in question. why she'd come to yuèlóng, if it was full of anything but – that was harder to reason out. she'd earned it so far, so they'd give her the benefit of the doubt until they could ask. maybe they were just the easiest to manipulate into this, the most annoyed with donovan. he certainly seemed the most annoyed with them.

they nodded agreement to her words. “as could i. if someone’s interested and willing to learn.” a twitch of an ear; their smile was still there, but it didn’t widen. fighting, spying, keeping to the shadows…they doubted even praimfaya knew redsand canyon as well as they’d learned it. “and if you’re ever willing to trust me.”

and right now, she wasn’t. good.

"hadn't seen any more of neverwinter around before i left, so it kept anyone else from coming too close." of course they weren't telling the complete truth. mal and the other one they'd found...it hadn't been intended as a warning, as much as an incentive to get them to come and put an end to things. "and made me seem like a good little saint, chasing his enemies away." their lip curled upward.

"though now he's ruined his alliance, i expect he'll be...distracted." renard shrugged. "or not. i don't normally say this, but he's not worth overestimating. the only problems that exist for him are the ones right in front of his face."

because donovan had asked. tried to look at those problems, once. and then had spend his time trying to fuck them instead of listening. there was no reason to keep trying; it was more fun to watch him flounder. more fun.  it was about time they stopped bothering to entertain him.

as to her other question... "this blade serves praimfaya now." simple fact, though renard's lips still curved in a smile around it. that was just habit. "her enemies are mine and i protect her allies. if she asks me to follow you, then i will. whatever your decisions."

they'd expected a low rank. would have been disappointing, otherwise. suspicion could be irritating as much as it could be amusing, but it spoke well of her when donovan had welcomed his own defector in without blinking. just look where that had gotten him.

...and what a low bar that was.
Messages In This Thread
and forgot i had claws - by RIP Praimfaya - September 12, 2020, 12:56 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Renard - September 12, 2020, 02:57 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Huā - September 15, 2020, 10:01 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by RIP Praimfaya - September 16, 2020, 12:31 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Renard - September 16, 2020, 09:23 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Huā - October 02, 2020, 03:07 AM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by RIP Praimfaya - October 02, 2020, 10:32 AM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Renard - October 03, 2020, 11:26 PM
RE: and forgot i had claws - by Huā - October 17, 2020, 05:09 PM