Nova Peak And I've been secretly falling apart.
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Private 
As time ticked by since the encounter with Wintersbane in the grotto, her desire to roam was strengthened. The lioness couldn't shake that familiar itch, nor could she deny the niggling doubt that Nova Peak could ever serve as a home to her in the way Diaspora's claim once had. For too long she'd tried to pretend everything was fine, that she didn't need anyone else but her little girls, that she and Wylla could pretend one another didn't exist, but she'd been wrong to assume her life could ever be that simple.

Nyx had once been afraid of Grimnismal's leader. She'd been terrified of what she might know, of the grudge she was sure to carry. With the birth of Ciri and Elke, however, she realised that energy could be channelled elsewhere. The anxiety remained, of course, as it always would, but the fear had vanished. More recently, it manifested into anger - not just for Wintersbane's refusal, but for the way she and hers made Ciri feel.

Perhaps it was time for change. Mahler and the pups were all that rooted her to Sagtannet, and the girls were ol enough to make their own choices. It was with this in mind that Nyx sought her blonde-furred daughter that dreary afternoon, and beckoned for @Elke to join her with a soft call.
Messages In This Thread
And I've been secretly falling apart. - by Nyx - September 30, 2020, 08:47 AM
RE: And I've been secretly falling apart. - by Elke - October 01, 2020, 10:33 PM
RE: And I've been secretly falling apart. - by Nyx - October 02, 2020, 01:53 AM
RE: And I've been secretly falling apart. - by Elke - October 02, 2020, 08:44 PM