Whitefish River Like the magazines say
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy looked over the plant that Ravaryn inquired next about and moved over to inspect the plant herself. This is ragwort, she told the girl after only a few moments. She would know that smell anywhere. If you take in its scent, you'll notice a foul odor, she explained. Despite that, though, this plant can be used for minor pains and can work if you can't find willow bark anywhere. It wasn't something she used often, but she did always keep some of it around just in case, and it grew well around here if you searched a little farther from the river. 

She moved her gaze around the area until she saw something promising in the water. She looked to the pup and smiled. Follow me, she said gently, and then turned and trotted slowly to the water's edge. When Ravaryn reached the spot, as well, Speedy pointed her nose to the fuzzy, green side of a large rock sitting in the shallow water. That is called moss, she told her. It is good to put in a wound to stop bleeding. I also use it to deliver water to thirsty, sick wolves if they cannot get to a water source themselves. It was one of the basic things she would need to know. I also used it to clean wounds by squeezing the moss between my teeth and letting the water fall over the wound. It's easier if they can bring themselves to the river, but that is not always possible. She was afraid she had given the child too much information, and so she waited to see if she had any questions.
Messages In This Thread
Like the magazines say - by Ravaryn - October 13, 2020, 03:10 PM
RE: Like the magazines say - by Speedy - October 14, 2020, 02:41 PM
RE: Like the magazines say - by Ravaryn - October 14, 2020, 03:23 PM
RE: Like the magazines say - by Speedy - October 20, 2020, 10:55 PM
RE: Like the magazines say - by Ravaryn - October 28, 2020, 05:40 PM
RE: Like the magazines say - by Speedy - November 13, 2020, 10:39 PM
RE: Like the magazines say - by Ravaryn - November 15, 2020, 03:50 PM
RE: Like the magazines say - by Speedy - November 29, 2020, 12:07 AM
RE: Like the magazines say - by Ravaryn - November 29, 2020, 02:02 PM