Moonspear I'm still waiting for my turn.
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
It would be so easy, came the silver tongue of a familiar darkness, smooth words that echoed clearly in her mind despite the wind that raged around her. Nyx had to brace against each gust, so strong was her body's natural instinct to stay alive. Muscles trembled, tightened, willed her to stay.

Survive, survive, survive!

Through bleary eyes, the lioness continued to stare down into that inviting abyss. Just one step, she mused, inhaling sharply in a sniffle as more pleasant memories flashed through her mind's frantic, desperate eye: the look on her brother's face when she and Saor caught up to him following his departure from Winterheart all those years ago; Quicksilver's voiced appreciation for her loyalty to him in Ormarr; those afternoons with Lycaon and Ingram on the beach, filled with mischief and laughter; that indescribable swell of love to have witnessed her daughters' first breaths.

Elke and Cirilla.

Elke and Ciri!

They'd come from her, these perfect tiny beings from a vessel so toxic. Together they'd saved her by serving to be her grounding to this world, yet as she stood there on the edge of Moonspear's frozen reaches, Nyx wasn't sure that she could continue to maintain her strength - not even for them. 

They don't need you anymore, sharp words reminded her, and raven-tipped lobes pressed back against the peppered fur of her nape, it's time to let them go.

Forepaws flexed, claws hooking on the rugged stone where the cliff gave way to nothingness, and Nyx breathed in a shaky breath through chattering teeth. Just one step...

You never deserved them anyway.

Eyelids closed over tightly, though her tears continued to spill hotly down each sodden cheek.

Do it.

She shifted in her place, tried to convince herself to raise a paw, prepared to push herself forward, when a presence suddenly moved in to guide her away. Initially, Nyx' vivid eyes snapped open and she pointed her muzzle with an accusing flash of fangs at the one who couldn't possibly understand her turmoil - how dare they intrude upon this place she was meant to be, try to rob her of choice! That fury was replaced as swiftly as it came, however, and lips quickly sheathed her teeth as recognition glimmered in the watery depths of her sunflower stare.

She sagged against her sister, and let go in an entirely different direction. It was Grey's whispered assurance that truly brought the lioness to her knees, and she sank pitifully to the ground with a wail of despair - "I can't do this anymore!"
Messages In This Thread
I'm still waiting for my turn. - by Nyx - October 28, 2020, 05:15 AM
RE: I'm still waiting for my turn. - by Keres - October 28, 2020, 11:04 AM
RE: I'm still waiting for my turn. - by Nyx - October 28, 2020, 12:04 PM
RE: I'm still waiting for my turn. - by Keres - October 28, 2020, 12:27 PM