Flycatcher Downs I'm a giver
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
how was that so much time had passed and yet she stood there the same as the last day he had seen her? at least, it felt like she hadn’t changed. he knew that he had a tendency to peer through rose-tinted goggles when looking at his past, but maia did not need the adjustment in pleasantry. illidan could not think of a time when the silver-eyed girl had not brought joy into his life. he did not want his perception of her to change; he wanted to keep the joyous maia at the forefront of his mind. the fear he had swallowed long ago threatened to crawl from his stomach – the fear that she might change forever.

when maia called him a prince, illidan’s eyes lifted to her face and remained there for quite some time.

how had he forgotten? how could he have let it slip from his memory that she had once called him a prince? nostalgia lashed at his heart and he swallowed heavily. yes, maybe he had once been a prince to her… but that was no longer a title he believed he could carry. the kingdom where he had been intended to stay had been moved or destroyed and all those who might have followed him had continued with their lives.

“well, there was a battle i assisted them with. one of the neighboring packs wronged the woman morgana and she led an assault against them. it’s how i got this,” he told her, nodding down so she might see the three gashes that had sliced open the bridge of his muzzle. it had since healed and scarred. the dark hair around it made the pink of his flesh stand out more.

“you said a lot has changed though,” illidan then ventured, his gaze not having shifted from her face. “tell me about it.”
Messages In This Thread
I'm a giver - by Maia - November 27, 2020, 11:49 AM
RE: I'm a giver - by Illidan - December 03, 2020, 08:22 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Maia - December 06, 2020, 12:42 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Illidan - December 16, 2020, 02:08 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Maia - December 16, 2020, 03:37 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Illidan - December 16, 2020, 04:38 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Maia - December 17, 2020, 12:23 AM
RE: I'm a giver - by Illidan - December 23, 2020, 05:39 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Maia - December 26, 2020, 12:06 AM
RE: I'm a giver - by Illidan - January 07, 2021, 04:32 PM
RE: I'm a giver - by Maia - January 10, 2021, 01:28 PM