Emberwood even though i can't forget you, i really want to.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Though daylight had long ago entered the Wilds, it was naptime for the Blackthorn. A dream was playing through the girl's head as she slept. One that involved a shining silver river that was jumping and alive with fish. It was so full that Finley could run along their backs, chasing those that leaped up into the air, snapping her jaws and laughing from the fun of it. Suddenly, one of the fish grew to the same size as Fin and turned to her, it's wide fishy mouth opening and closing invitingly. In true Finley nature, she didn't even hesitate to dive right in as it opened it's mouth wide enough to swallow her whole.

The silver mockingbird's eyes popped open suddenly. She blinked into the sunlight, confusion on her face for light was certainly not what she had expected of the fish's belly. Nor had she expected that it would be full of... geese.

Fin lifted her head slowly to look around at the huge flock that surrounded her. For a moment, she thought that she was still sleeping, but a tug at the end of her tail told her otherwise. She turned to peer at the goose as it's black beak nipped and tugged at her tail. Wha--hey! she barked at it as her mind caught up to her, Quit that. I'm not dead! The feathered creature gave her a look and waddled off, leaving Fin frowning off after it.

The girl looked around, wondering when all of the geese had decided to gather around. In the distance loomed the aspen forest off on the other side of the lake she had decided to nap beside. It seemed that everywhere that wasn't covered in tree or lake was spotted with the damn birds. Fin yawned and shook her head. She was probably going to need to take the opportunity to kill a few and drag them back to the Plateau, but for the moment, she had some more waking up to do yet.

Messages In This Thread
even though i can't forget you, i really want to. - by Finley - September 12, 2014, 09:26 AM