Silverlight Terrace Tresspasser's be Welcome i
165 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Glands. He was aware that semi-aquatic creatures, such as ducks, muskrats and beavers, had to have some way to keep their feathers and fur dry despite living in the water all the time. If not dry, then water-repellant. "Beaver...This...Gland, it helps for sleeping and anxiety? Do you simply eat it?" He asked. He hadn't even really relied too much on eating that particular prey animal, as they were somewhat small and they quite often were hard to catch away from their dam. And he'd never noticed the few times that he had eaten one, that he'd felt particularly relaxed after however...It was altogether possible that he simply hadn't noticed. Perhaps he simply hadn't eaten the right part, and had missed out on what could have given him a fit night of sleep. Not that he tended to have trouble sleeping, but he wouldn't have passed up the opportunity to try and see if it made any difference. 

Nevertheless, Vein seemed more than content to help out with hunting, and even went so far as to volunteer a plan. Adrastus nodded. "I'm not sure how easy it will be to dig apart a beaver house," He admitted. After all- beavers were industrial creatures, and put a great deal of time, logs and mud into their establishments. He'd seen some before that spanned the entire stream, blocking it off. Something that could hold back that much water might be a bit hard for a wolf to dig apart. "But perhaps spooking it out of its lodge might be enough. Or if we are truly in luck, we might catch one on land, chewing at trees." He said. That, of course, was the best case scenario; and a beaver could be tempted a decent distance from its lodge by the right tree. 

Vein seemed quite optimistic. Even if they didn't manage to catch a beaver, there were always plants that he could use. So as they walked, Adrastus found himself wondering what other kinds of information Vein might have. "Do you know of any plants that might be used...Simply for their colour?" He asked. "I have a packmate; she is a painter. She uses minerals of the earth, whatever she can find, to mix into colours. I don't know if plants would work at all, though, but do you know of any that might make...A nice colour?"
Messages In This Thread
Tresspasser's be Welcome i - by Vein - March 06, 2021, 12:15 PM
RE: Tresspasser's be Welcome i - by Adrastus - March 06, 2021, 01:51 PM
RE: Tresspasser's be Welcome i - by Vein - March 06, 2021, 02:28 PM
RE: Tresspasser's be Welcome i - by Adrastus - March 06, 2021, 05:02 PM
RE: Tresspasser's be Welcome i - by Vein - March 06, 2021, 08:39 PM
RE: Tresspasser's be Welcome i - by Adrastus - March 14, 2021, 05:53 PM
RE: Tresspasser's be Welcome i - by Vein - March 17, 2021, 05:09 PM
RE: Tresspasser's be Welcome i - by Adrastus - March 18, 2021, 01:02 PM
RE: Tresspasser's be Welcome i - by Vein - March 20, 2021, 05:55 PM
RE: Tresspasser's be Welcome i - by Adrastus - March 21, 2021, 11:00 AM
RE: Tresspasser's be Welcome i - by Vein - April 16, 2021, 06:39 PM