Ouroboros Spine darkening scorn
208 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Something had changed between Raimo and Adrastus; or perhaps it was always a difference that persisted due to their genders, their rival roles within the pack. The way that Adrastus spoke was soft but sharp. He thought to undermine Raimo's lengthy efforts to this point and the shadow would not take kindly to being displaced.

Adrastus spoke of the hunter's party as if he knew things that Raimo did not, when Raimo knew much more, had been offered options that were exclusive to himself (or so he thought). The more that Adrastus tried to be a teacher in this moment the less Raimo cared for him — and then there came a challenge. A denial of Raimo's rightful place.

Was this what Kukutux desired? To make the men of her village fight for her attentions while feigning disinterest? It was a childish ploy and a disingenuous shift of her personality; it did not suit Raimo's story at all.

Then I do not choose you for my hunter's party, Raimo countered smoothly. He had hoped they could come to an arrangement. Moonglow would benefit from them working together but like with Zane, if Adrastus was not willing, he would not be welcome.

She is the wise-woman, and she has granted me the title of sivullik. I am the first among the men, whether you agree or you do not. It is I she asked first to be the father of Moonglow's future, a point he had held tight to himself until now, a secret, but now weaponized. Whether you respect me or not in this, you must respect Kukutux and her judgement.

Raimo finished saying this curtly, his hackles prickling slightly as he observed the pale man. He watched for movement, readying himself to physically defend himself and his position if this transitioned beyond talk.
Messages In This Thread
darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 15, 2021, 10:51 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 02:14 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 02:21 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 02:33 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 02:49 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 02:59 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 03:18 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 03:28 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 03:39 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Adrastus - March 16, 2021, 04:35 PM
RE: darkening scorn - by Raimo - March 16, 2021, 04:40 PM