Hideaway Strath there was a star riding through clouds one night,
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Trade 
for @Nyra

With Vein's tutelage, Aerin felt assured in the practice of brewing tea, enough to prepare a concoction of her own making. The healer had been lucky enough to procure and dry some stinging nettles recently, though her pawpads didn't seem to be of the same opinion -- pricked with small, red pocks where she had not been able to completely avoid the sharp hairs of the leaves. It was worth it to the midwife and hopeful mother-to-be for the herbs were known to prevent miscarriage and strengthen the womb. Arlette and Derg appeared to have secluded themselves away, which could only mean that the Strath had welcomed their second litter or would very soon. That left The Priestess and  The Overseer as the only ones yet to whelp, which meant it was only natural that Aerin hoped to seek out Nyra and offer the shieldmaiden some of the beneficial drink. 

The healer had borrowed one of Vein's skulls for a bowl, steeping the nettle leaves with an even mixture of raspberry leaves (since raspberry also helped to strengthen the uterus and happened to be as abundant as nettles) and even crushing a few of the berries into the makeshift container. After straining out the damp leaves and berries as best she could, the sighthound was left with a satisfactory beverage -- palatable and tangy with the fruit's influences while still enhancing the effects of the medicine. 

It was not such a concern for the Battle Phoenix, Aerin knew, who appeared to be nearing the end of her second trimester. Nearly out of the woods. By the beginning of her third, Nyra's pups should be safe from the threat of miscarrying. Still, the midwife figured it was better safe than sorry, seeking after her superior with a 'mug' of  nettle-raspberry tea carried in her jaws.

"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Messages In This Thread