Blackfeather Woods sleep is a welcome gadget in our headbondhood
486 Posts
Ooc — Zina
Zephyr didn't seem any calmer as he spoke. Taikon stood close to him, but had to back up a couple of steps. He danced for a moment anxiously on his paws, licking his lips. He didn't want Zephyr angry with him again.
But as the stony-faced boy went on, he struck a nerve. He talked about how he could take care of himself and seemed to proudly proclaim that he'd been stupid enough to "almost die" several times. This did the opposite of make Taikon feel better, and even though the prince knew that Zephyr was acting emotionally reactive for no good reason, he felt his entire body tense up and heat fill his ears like he was preparing for battle.
His tone turned snarky — his lack of composure a direct result of his illness. Yeah okay, so you think because you had a hard childhood you're somehow invincible? How stupid are you? He snapped.
I've lived my whole life losing people close to me. People like you. People who thought they could fucking dodge death, and people who didn't deserve it. I'm tired of losing people. Don't do that to me. Don't do that to Rowan. There was no care that this was his leader. Be smart about this. We can't lose you.
He didn't realize until far too late that his voice had progressively rose in tone and volume as he spoke, and he stood there shocked at himself. He breathed again, realizing he had forgotten to. His legs were shaking with either anger or fear, or both.
I can't lose you. He thought.
relatively thin from illness (Apr 13, 2020)
Messages In This Thread
RE: sleep is a welcome gadget in our headbondhood - by Taikon - April 16, 2021, 02:16 AM