Sunset Valley my tongue will tell the anger of my heart,
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Trade 
AW, deerstalker (scavenger!) #6 (prey: white-tailed deer, successful)

The sunken Valley hidden to the north of their claim was another beautiful land that Imaq wished she could show @Iana (reference). Vague plans to bring her friend here and spend the day formed in her mind, though they were part fancy -- feeling a shy well of emotion clam up inside her at the thought of asking the jade-eyed wren to accompany her. It was a sliver of paradise blanketed in rich woodland, fed by chilled cataracts and cascading streams that melted off the northern peaks of Duskfire -- the air alive with birdsong and chittering forest-dwellers, perfumed with the heady smell of sunshine and loam.

In the northern reaches of the timberland, Imaq was surprised to suddenly come across the scent of blood -- deer blood, she was coming to recognize -- and coyote. Trailing after the scent, it led her to a small clearing where two coyotes fed on a slain doe -- small, likely young, fresh from her mother after this year's season.

Imaq watched the pair for a moment, trying to determine the best way to chase them off from their kill. If she could, it meant more food for Duskfire.
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."
Messages In This Thread
my tongue will tell the anger of my heart, - by Imaq - May 11, 2021, 02:09 AM