Redhawk Caldera things i once enjoyed just keep me employed now
141 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Away
All Welcome 
Perhaps, if someone sat Blueberry down and explained the significance of this place regarding her heritage, she might have warmed up to the caldera. She might have cared a little more about its flora, fauna and denizens.

But there was no one to regale her with tales of her paternal grandparents who'd made this place so great, of the numerous aunts and uncles and cousins that had secured its legacy. Mou would know, but he wasn't talking; Maegi would, too, and she wouldn't dare open her mouth to speak kindly of any of the Redhawks (not that Blueberry knew that).

No one spoke. No one explained. And so, without the background, she was miserable, and this mountain was just a big stupid rock with a hole in it.

She trudged along said hole, now, paws barely skimming the edge of the lake. The weather was growing cooler, and she noticed large flocks of birds heading south. Mom had explained that it was warmer there, that the birds didn't like the cold that was coming.

She watched them, face stricken. She wanted to go with.

A splash surprised her from her thoughts, and her eyes darted just in time to spy a falcon, swooping down to grab a fish between its talons and carry it off to some far-off aerie.

Blueberry could empathize with the fish.
Messages In This Thread
things i once enjoyed just keep me employed now - by Manea - September 14, 2021, 07:29 PM