Hideaway Strath Most people are searching for happiness
"YOU WAKE UP IN THE DARK AND HEAR THE SCREAMING OF THE LAMBS..."
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
The pale woman is quick to speak against his inquiry. The feeling of acceptance and companionship is but a small ember, but it burns nonetheless. Usually he would feel much more elated by such confirmation of friendship, but his emotional level is teetering on zero and he can’t figure out why. He’s been like this for a few weeks now too. 

At first it was subtle, until it became so bad that even the hellhound himself noticed. Banesteppe continued on with that usual purr in his tone — ready to push his buttons, but Alduin finds the man’s mannerisms bothering him less and less lately.

How strange. 

He looks into it both too much and too little. But now, it is not Banesteppe that has his attention, it is Fury. Fury and her slightly subtle way of telling him he looks like shit. Which is probably valid considering he hasn’t looked at himself in a while. Which makes him think that he probably should. Maybe it’ll help differentiate whether or not his physical form is real in the moment.

Her gaze is akin to the ones @Simmik, his lovely mother, would give him. He’s sure she knew of his sickness even before he did. It seems like it’s showing more than ever now because Fury is giving him that same look. 

So he gazes back at her, face unchanging as she moves onto the topic of eating and caches. He hums thoughtfully, his tone dipping at the end.

“Interesting that you noticed,” He hums absentmindedly, averting a his eyes to look up at the moon. “because I’m not good.” He mentions in dry sarcasm  about his appearance that she had commented on before. “I am sick and I will probably die sick, Fury.” His voice is much more monotone by the end of those words.

A moment of silence passes and then, in a much lighter, but clearly sarcastic, tone he says, “But yes, I’d love a midnight snack, thanks for asking.” It’s accompanied by a humorless, barely there, upwards tilt of his lips. As well as a pair of molten lava eyes that show the evidence of his sickness.
[Image: dezcpd0-1faedfae-e3b1-4dc1-b270-4056322a...TmEKLfHlyM]
Messages In This Thread
Most people are searching for happiness - by Alduin - May 25, 2022, 10:52 PM
RE: Most people are searching for happiness - by Alduin - July 10, 2022, 11:43 PM