Falls of the Hinterlands It's the last midnight
"YOU WAKE UP IN THE DARK AND HEAR THE SCREAMING OF THE LAMBS..."
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
It seems his words hit a nerve — no matter how unintentional they were. Alduin is a rather emotionless man, he doesn’t usually feel the need to tip toe around other’s feelings. There’s no need for pleasantries or faux words. Only harsh truths or boring statements. 

Clearly, Arashi doesn’t think the same. He’s whipping around like a madman, lips snarling and droop stringing from dark lips. His voice is hardly contained next —

Different?! He’s screaming back to the damned.

Alduin’s spotted ears shift backwards, his expression hardens but remains devoid of any hard emotion. Yet, Alduin wonder’s what has happened in his long absence of the man himself. He remembers him on the island. He remembers him in the Strath. But now, something’s wrong it seems — something happened…

But the rough and rageful voice of the beast continues. 

Everyone I've known... everyone I ever gave a shit about— they've left me! So why the hell should I stay the same, huh?? Why should I be the same man they once knew??!

Ah…

The puzzle pieces click into place.

Mmm… Banesteppe hums beside him — a curious and carefree sound. Another man forgotten. Sound familiar, Alduin?

Alduin blinks, he knows the entity floating around in his brain is referencing the Dagon child himself. But for once he doesn’t bristle at the sight of snarling teeth and rumbling growls. No, he lowers his head, peering over to the other man with bloody, dead eyes.

Yes — he was once like that. Mourning the things he has lost. Reliving the tales of abuse and near death experiences he’s had — being frightened to live by them.

But no longer.

Still, his words echo in his mind.

So why the hell should I stay the same, huh??

“You don’t have to.” Alduin hums, deep and rasping.

“Come with me…” Al’s monotone voice takes up a mysterious edge to it.

And from his head’s lowered position he noses the skull with his muzzle to face Arashi. The alien looking bone on display, its hollow eye sockets and odd face mocking yet emotionless — eerie. Alduin’s head linger’s just beside it in the grass, gazing up at the agouti male.

“And we can change together…” He finishes brazenly — daring him to do as he says.
[Image: dezcpd0-1faedfae-e3b1-4dc1-b270-4056322a...TmEKLfHlyM]
Messages In This Thread
It's the last midnight - by Arashi - January 16, 2023, 10:42 PM
RE: It's the last midnight - by Alduin - January 16, 2023, 11:11 PM
RE: It's the last midnight - by Arashi - January 16, 2023, 11:16 PM
RE: It's the last midnight - by Alduin - January 16, 2023, 11:51 PM
RE: It's the last midnight - by Arashi - January 16, 2023, 11:58 PM
RE: It's the last midnight - by Alduin - January 17, 2023, 12:34 AM
RE: It's the last midnight - by Arashi - January 17, 2023, 12:41 AM
RE: It's the last midnight - by Alduin - January 17, 2023, 01:00 AM
RE: It's the last midnight - by Arashi - January 17, 2023, 01:09 AM
RE: It's the last midnight - by Alduin - January 17, 2023, 01:31 AM