Permafrost Hollows In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea
172 Posts
Ooc — Suledin
Private 
Forward dated...? What is time
The journey was not a short one, but compared to the distance they'd both already placed between themselves and their homes, it wasn't very long either. Keen was mindful of the pace for @Bridget's sake; on her own she would have covered the distance much more quickly, having aspired to scouthood in a past life before she realized that she was too much a recluse.
She was quiet, though. Occasionally she would point out something familiar, and a few times she recounted bland, happy childhood memories in the vaguest of terms. Even then it was impossible to truly hide the fact that most of these memories had been made during a time when she was lost from her home and under the care of someone entirely unrelated to her. Keen was careful to never mention anything negative, but she knew it was likely obvious that she was dealing with some things.
What she couldn't tell Bridget was that this was her way of getting around to talking about it. Keen was well aware that it was mildly infuriating at times, but even knowing that, she could only ever sit back and watch herself crash the car in slow motion every time. She'd worked herself into a fair bit of anxiety over it by the time they actually reached Permafrost Hollows, half-convinced that she was in the process of scaring Bridget away already. At least, she reasoned, it was still early enough that it wouldn't hurt too much.
This is it, She announced when they came to the place. It's not super exciting anymore. It was going to be The Vartija. Keen kicked a rock, peering around as if Derg or Wintersbane might appear at any moment. I never got to say goodbye.
Messages In This Thread
In my life, I have seen people walk into the sea - by Keen - April 30, 2023, 08:58 PM