Hushed Willows Did you hear my covert narcissism I disguise as altruism?
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
170 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
@Reverie- so sorry for the delay!

Reina’s ears caught the gold wolf’s question. “Oh—well,” she paused, thinking. Blushing, she continued, “My mom explained to me that an angel comes to you in times of need. They’re ethereal beings that are made of pure love and light. When you came upon me, the sun filtered through the trees behind you, it looked like you were glowing from within, and the sun beams had formed wings spreading wide from your back.”  Reina turned her face away from Reverie, eyes rolling at her awkward attempt to explain herself. Oh, lord, am I flirting? Damn, I’m lonelier than I thought…

Her eyes landed on the muskrat being offered and, gratefully, Reina bowed her head in thanks and gently took the carcass. Her eyes closed as she savored the meat, although a little chewy, it tasted amazing compared to what she had been used to over the past year. A little blood and some bits fell onto her paws, so she cleaned herself up before answering Reverie. 

I have no familial ties to this place, if that’s what you’re wondering. My mother and her family are from the north—a year’s worth of travel from a place called Rhodesia National Park. My father hailed from some other territory, but he didn’t speak of it much. My mother and father were notorious for traveling as youngsters. They found each other in passing and fell in love. My mother was eventually called back home and my father, so deeply smitten, followed her.” The love between her parents was something she desired in her own life. But, it had seemed that when she had become of age to find a mate, she wouldn’t have such luck. It’s in the past, though, and something she doesn’t spend her energy thinking of too often anymore.

She thought of the Gilded Sea, its name not ringing a bell, but it sounded like a beautiful place. A gold wolf from the Gilded Sea, how fitting.The name alone sounds beautiful, maybe you’ll tell me stories of your home some day? And as far as my traveling is concerned, I don’t have a specific place to go…I’m just trying to find a place to call home. Maybe there’s also just a little bit of running from my past...Or, a want to start over.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread