Hoshor Plains We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
She was flattered by these words, but Easy knew better.

"I think you should give yourself a little more credit," she told him, torn between sadness and amusement. If only he could see himself how she did! She was not blind to his faults, but she saw a fighting spirit in him. He would have found himself again, in time.

But of course he was afraid. The black bear gazed steadily back at him, having no comforting words to speak on the matter. He was right to be afraid. The world was a frightening place. Life was snuffed out so easily. She knew this as well as anyone; as well as Sumac himself.

"Fear is something we must all learn to live with," she said quietly. "I know you can do this. But there is not shame in not feeling ready, either. I don't think anyone is truly ready until they've done it a time or two."

She flashed a little smile.

"I had my nephew to practice on before I had my own litter," she told him. "But you're stronger than you think, Sumac. Stronger, and smarter, and braver. And I will be with you. I will, until I can't anymore. The parts of me that matter will stay with you always."
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
Messages In This Thread
RE: We picked up the shards and formed them into shapes of stars - by Easy - January 30, 2024, 08:10 PM