Moonsong Glacier mama cuts like a man-of-war
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Private 
The blackbear yawned again, but her tail still wheeled in contented circles as she and @Sumac climbed through the foothills. Once, she halted them at a rock to point out a scent marking as: "Arjun."

She danced when they walked again.

"We will call him by this name when we greet him, and when we are alone. But in the outer wilds, or where others can hear, we call him Dutch."

The climb grew steeper. It was more out of excitement than exertion that Easy panted as they neared their destination — but she was still just a little out of breath. The blackbear carried a winter's worth of fat on her, and although she wouldn't change that, she still paid the price. As a result, she was not as chatty as she might normally be.

"Halt!" called a deep, forceful voice. A figure cloaked in hues of shadewood and sunlight stepped into their path up ahead. "Who treads upon my domain?"

Easy could not suppress her grin.

"Come here, you ruffian!" she called back, sauntering forward with her head held high. She and the man both moved as if they did not wholly trust each other, though their features expressed only joy. It was a familiar game they played, where one moved as if to hug the other, only to throw out a wrestling move instead. Easy had to fit her teeth around the man's muzzle and give it a shake before they finally embraced. "My boy," Easy sighed into his fur, her relief palpable.

"My lady," was his cheeky reply. His burnished gaze might be familiar to Sumac as it lifted to the other man's face. "Who is this?" Dutch asked, a kindly smile on his face.

"Oh!" said Easy, her excitement returning at once. "Sumac, this is my eldest son, Arjun."

"Not to be confused with her daughter, Eldest," said Dutch.

Easy hushed him and went on: "And Arjun, this is my dear friend, Sumac. We are tr-traveling together this winter." The statement was interrupted with a tremendous yawn.

"Well, you will sleep here tonight!" Dutch replied. "Don't you rest, woman?" He turned to Sumac: "Does she run you through the night?"

Easy smacked him, and Dutch slapped a paw over her face to keep her from interrupting. She laughed beneath it, batting it away while Dutch seemed to wait for answer.
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
Messages In This Thread
mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Easy - January 17, 2024, 06:18 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 18, 2024, 08:46 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 20, 2024, 01:58 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 22, 2024, 09:47 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 27, 2024, 07:32 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - January 28, 2024, 05:50 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - January 29, 2024, 08:52 PM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Sumac - February 01, 2024, 11:12 AM
RE: mama cuts like a man-of-war - by Dutch - February 02, 2024, 08:16 PM