Stone Circle What can break me has a name
Kvarsheim
Hjarta*
48 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
To say that he was shocked would have been an understatement. Following all of the discussion, the desperate scramble for each voice to be heard, it had been decided in just a few short sentences. There is a tiredness to Skáld's eyes and resignation within Moss's. Parting words are exchanged in that moment and Ujurak's eyes locked onto the caregiver. Stunned, he barely chokes out a "safe travels" for the small wolf. He did not wish to see them leave.

There is silence from Vale and Bjorn offers his approval and support. Neither of them addressing what clogged the gears of his mind.

Skáld only elected three of them to join him as leaders. All of his brothers... and not a role for Astrid.

Ujurak's eyes rounded at the development. Looking bewildered to his elder brother before addressing the fallout it created amongst his littermates. His closest family.

It was as thought someone threw a bucket of ice water onto him.

He turned to his littermates. To Sven's widened eyes and Kristjan's slack jaw. To Astrid. The proud warrior girl faltered before him, having just spat daggers at their kin moments prior. A glimpse of vulnerability beneath the mask of anger. Kristjan too attempts to quell her anger. It is her that he addresses first.

You always have a place with me. At his side, in his heart. He would never know when she started to think that she lost her place there. He could only surmise that it was her own heartache that clouded her perception.

Taking a step forward so she would meet his eyes, he reached out his paw to her. She could choose to take it. You always had. I'm sorry if I never said it enough and it made you think otherwise. Ég elska þig.

Please stay.

He glanced over his shoulder, catching new look to Kristjan's eye. He was not prepared for the second wave of surprise at his younger brother's acceptance of leadership. Let alone nornir.

Turquoise eyes trailed between his brothers. An odd feeling rising to the surface that leeched away the strength of the shock. It was not particularly foreign, however it set across him like a cloth over a table.

In the days to come he would come to realize that this was disappointment. He could not recall a time previously that it set in so strongly, but its taste was distinct to that of grief which he had come to know months prior. Sourcing it proved difficult.

Was it towards Skáld? Their elder brother was swift to brush Astrid away, condemning her for her conduct. To this Ujurak was conflicted. He did not agree with her harsh perception of their packmates, but Astrid always spoke about what she wanted. She simply existed louder than her brothers. In turn, Ujurak believed that Skáld could have afforded her more patience.

Was it their packmates? The adults in their life that bowed to the difficulties that the pack had endured. Those that lacked desire to lead, perhaps he couldn't fault truly. He understood that it was going to be difficult. The boy had no delusions in that regard, even if he may not have understood the gravity of leadership entirely. But perhaps they still failed them in some way. He didn't want to think that of them.

But there is a curious look he gives to Kristjan. The brother who avidly petitioned them stand together. Declaring himself the fate that Astrid so greatly wanted. Ultimately, he and his littermates needed to talk after the meeting. A guardedness comes to his eyes. That of a child seeking confidence without the prying eyes of adults.

His voice is level, I will accept Hjarta. His gaze swept his littermates, brothers and sister. I accept you to lead with me, as long as you want it. If we decide differently we will talk to Skáld, yes?

If three of them were to be leaders, surely they could outvote their eldest brother, if it came to it?
Messages In This Thread
What can break me has a name - by Skáld - February 07, 2024, 10:29 PM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Bjorn - February 07, 2024, 11:05 PM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Sven - February 08, 2024, 12:45 PM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Swift - February 08, 2024, 03:44 PM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Ujurak - February 08, 2024, 08:50 PM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Astrid - February 09, 2024, 01:52 AM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Moss - February 09, 2024, 03:06 AM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Kristjan - February 09, 2024, 04:19 PM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Vale Enid - February 11, 2024, 11:59 PM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Skáld - February 12, 2024, 11:49 AM
RE: What can break me has a name - by Sven - February 12, 2024, 12:35 PM