Great Bear Wilderness i believe in the things that i am afraid to say.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

It was amazing just how different things could look the morning after. Not even 24 hours previous, Finley had been so full of hurt and anger that she couldn't hold it in. She'd unloaded all of it on the object of her frustration, recklessly spitting venom into wounds she'd torn open wider and wider and wider with her words. In the heat of the moment, she'd felt perfectly justified. Even gratified by the cornered and pained look on his face as she'd shouted at him.

But then she'd gone too far, and suddenly all she could see was how terribly wrong she'd been to go after him like she had. Elwood had done nothing wrong. Nothing but what she'd told him to do. She'd told him not to fall in love with her, and... Well, maybe not falling in love with Fin meant seeking comfort with someone else. It was what she'd wanted, but in her jealousy and anger, she'd forgotten that part of the equation. Consumed by self-loathing, she'd turned tail and done exactly what Elwood so accurately accused her of always doing - she'd run away. Resolved to leave everything behind and disappear into the night. They would be better off without her, all of them - Elwood, Peregrine, Fox, the Firebirds. They would all be better off without stupid, reckless, thoughtless Fin.

Finley awoke hours later on the shores of Lake Rodney, staring out across the vast blue with a hollow look in her eyes. She wasn't running anymore, but she wasn't yet going back either. Fin was stuck at a crossroads without a clue as to what to do next. There was at least one thing she was finally, absolutely and irrevocably certain of, and that was what her heart wanted her to do. But there was always that looming cloud of darkness that held her back, that try as she might, she just couldn't see through. So, she sat and she stared.

Messages In This Thread
i believe in the things that i am afraid to say. - by Finley - February 10, 2015, 10:14 AM