Redtail Rise [m] I think we better do it like we're doing it now
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
For the first time in what felt like an eternity, Reek smiled.  It wasn't the forced smile he had grown accustomed to wearing that was born of stress and anger, but it was a genuinely happy smile in response to the farcical nature of Saena's joking suggestion.  Sebastian's escape in the grotto had been nothing short of miraculous.  How he'd been able to fit through that tiny hole in the ice was far beyond Reek, who was unable to fit through the same hole despite being scrawny and small of stature.  Obviously, Sebastian was a shapeshifter.

It may have been ridiculous, but it was a funny thought all the same. "Some wizard, eh? He didn't really put up much of a fight," he chortled back, joking along like old times.  "I mean— talk about useless superpowers... what should we call him? Fit-Through-Ice Man?"  And with a snap of the finger, everything was like normal.  Reek joked; Saena joked. Wynter who?

What happened next took Reek by surprise.  She rested her head on him, much like Wynter used to.  Maybe if it had been another time, and their relationship had been healthy, he would have pulled away.  But his relationship with Wyn was in shambles and he relished in Saena's touch.  His heart pounded away like a crackhead with a bongo, but he remained silent, still, and enjoyed the moment.  "Don't worry," he whispered, attempting to console Saena's doubts. "I'm rarely always right."

She went on to ask about Nochtli, his muddy acquaintance. "I don't know her well, but I met Noch a while back. Remember when the pack first formed and I went traveling for a bit?  We played around in the mud, but didn't talk much," he explained. "I can't speak for her friend, but Noch is a good wolf.  Friendly."
Messages In This Thread
RE: I think we better do it like we're doing it now - by Reek - July 08, 2015, 04:32 PM