Bearclaw Valley things are going to be different around here
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
AW but preferably @Kove

Raziel had confronted Kove about his absence, challenged him for his rank and he got it. He was now the Alpha Male of Bearclaw Valley, something he did not truly want but knew he had to have. The pack would die in the paws of Kove, he was unreliable and might leave every moment. His loyalty to the Valley was uncertain and until he redeemed himself in the eyes of the Roman, he would not be a leader of the pack. Things had been too soft with Scarlett as ruling Alpha female, she was a good leader but she was not strict enough, too kind, too forgiving.

With him at the helm of the pack, things were going to change for the better. Borders had to be better secured with the pups coming, trespassers would no longer be tolerated and chased out at first noticed, perhaps he might kill them just to place their corpses by the path to warn others off. Slackers would no longer be allowed, and wolves would have to prove themselves. This was not a sanctuary. They would need to be reminded.
-Dark of Soul, Strong of Body-
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
perhaps assume he was simply searching for Nea for the absence I had for two weeks?

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: language mostly

Adlartok would not lie, he enjoyed the fact though it was twisted that Kove was no longer leader. It made his day, and he would have loved to rip the bastard apart for what he did to Scarlett. For making her wait and worry and want him for that time. He had just left without a word, he was just as Adlartok had thought a demon spawn, sent here to ruin everything he touched. Adlartok had not seen the pups yet, he had been to busy on the outskirts looking for Nea again, she had disappeared and it upset him. However, it was time to put that behind him.

He still limped, the wound in his muscle never going away. Clearly it had healed, but knitted together crooked. SO he had a strange gait, but it made him no less vicious to take care of those around him, his family. He saw the new leader and strode forward, as submissive as he needed to be, but not overly so. He averted his eyes and waited.
Artok has a permanent limp in his front right foreleg.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Alright :)

Kove was not deserving of Scarlett, he had left without informing them and came back, automatically thinking he would have a place in the Valley and be leader once more. Gods know what would have happened if Raz didn't challenge the white male, Bearclaw would have fallen into ruins under the Inuit's rule. They would collapse and the pack would disband, Kove was unreliable and he was not to be trusted, it was obvious that while the Inuit might expect loyalty from others, loyalty meant nothing to him. Nothing at all.

If he was less respectful and was a barbarian, Raziel would have challenged Kove for Scarlett too but decided against it. Better for the albino to be happy than for her to slowly die away as his mate for life. Stupid child, the voice of his biological father rang through his head, you still think about her needs before your own. It was stupid of him to do so, to think Scarlett would ever care about him, ever love him. No, she was too blind to what Kove was, too blind to see who she truly belonged with.

Raziel's silver ear swiveled towards the direction of pawsteps. Leathery nostrils flared, inhaling the scent of a wolf of the Valley he had met on a pack hunt. What was his name? Adbartol? Aaldarbuk? Adlartok? Nevermind. Teal eyes alighted on the boy's form, noticing his submissive stance. It was clear that the silver boy knew of his new rank. Good. "Hey," he said with a small smile, relaxing his stance and with a flick of his tail, indicated that the boy could do so too. "Adlartok is it? We met on that ridiculous pack activity Kove hosted," he was secretly testing to see if this boy disliked Kove too.
It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
i'm not really sure how long cicero & co are in BCV for but i wanted to get some of y'all ic while he's here so here, have a cicero!

Cicero wondered how his siblings would respond to the rule of Raziel. Surely they would remember Cicero's words when they had spat upon Raziel's paws, only to find him the ruler of the pack they visited now. Perhaps his arrogant brother and sister would consider not only Cicero's poisons, but his words, too, of worth in the future. Cicero was particularly curious for Damien's response to Raziel: would he lay on the ground and roll over if need be, or would he get into a fight, lose to the older and more experienced Alpha of Bearclaw Valley, and droop on home with his tail between his legs, where he would continue to be an arrogant jackass? What Cicero would have given to be a fly on the wall when they met up...

When Cicero happened upon the new Alpha of Bearclaw Valley, there was another wolf with him, which submitted properly. Cicero did not submit as deeply as the Bearclaw Valley inhabitant, but he let his tail hang loosely at his hocks and lowered his head appropriately to show that he respected Raziel's rule. Had he known the male a bit better, Cicero would have licked his chin; but as things were he didn't feel it appropriate or necessary.

Cicero caught the tail end of what Raziel said and he nodded curtly to acknowledge both the submissive wolf as well as the Valley's new Alpha. Cicero hoped that Scarlett's invitation would be extended throughout Raziel's reign; there were yet territories in the vicinity of the Valley Cicero wished to explore, and he hoped to see Scarlett's pups when they were old enough to be seen.

Only after the other wolf -- Adlartok, Cicero deducted from what he caught from Raziel's words -- would have answered Raziel, Cicero would speak, waiting for space in the conversation. "Cicero wonders if Raziel will make Damien and Potema eat their own words now," he could not help but notice, an amused grin on Cicero's face. While he did not wish ill upon his siblings, it pleased Cicero to think of their smug faces being pushed into the dirt as an affirmation of how right Cicero had been upon the day they entered Bearclaw Valley.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Ad swears to much i swear

If it's not okay for Artok to assume he knows what the other is asking I can edit, just pm me to let me know.

Artok would have agreed with him, had he known the other's thoughts. Thought one slight difference, in his mind. No one, and he meant no one was good enough for Miss. Scarlett. Not even the wolf in front of him. And he would share that with the world, and any who thought differently, vehemently and quickly. Kove what an asshat.

Adlartok would have had a thing or two to say had the other and new leader tried to challenge for Miss. Scarlett. It was her choice who she mated with, despite the fact that he was a liver licking, boot kissing, piece of shit. And he would have fought to save her honor if he needed to, made sure no one made her a mate when she didn't want him. Artok tilted his head and listened as the other finally spoke.

Adlartok did not submit to the point of rolling ot his back and begging. No it was more of an easy submission, eyes averted, tail down. Nothing special and he would submit to no one, but Miss. Scarlett fully. They would have to break his back, and his legs, cause if he could do it, he'd keep getting up. He knew that attitude would get him hurt some day, possibly killed, but he didn't really care. There no one and nothing that really mattered to the boy, other than Miss. Scarlett. Hello, Raziel right? Artok then waited and nodded his head, Yea, but most call me Ad or Tok, whichever is easier for you. Same goes for you Cicero? Is it? Call me Ad or Tok. Then he stood still and listened, he heard the question for what it was, and smirked. A fire lighting in his eyes and a rough chuckle in his throat. Let's pretend that you are actually asking me such a question, when we both know the real reason your asking something in that way. But Yea that's where we met. And just so we're clear. As far as i'm concerned, even where you are concerned sir, no offense. It's Miss. Scarlett's pack, but you make a damn sight better alpha male than Kove.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
Raziel nodded when Adlartok spoke, confirming that his name was indeed Raziel. Apparently, he had gotten Adlartok's name right too, which was surprising considering the fact he hadn't really acknowledged the boy's presence since his arrival to Bearclaw Valley. To the Roman, he didn't really seem to be a hardworking type and would gladly threaten to kick the silver boy out if he didn't know Adlartok was Scarlett's adopted child. Honestly, the albino had a serious problem. She was a wild animal, and however much she was able to suppress, there still had to be something wild in her, right?

"Whatever you say, kid," Raziel said, almost in a weary tone. "You can be content in the information that if Scarlett wishes to be Alpha Female once more, I won't hesitate to give it to her," but obviously, I'll end up doing all the serious work as our dear albino friend doesn't seem to know how to handle situations that should involve violence. She's better off caring for kids and wounded packmates than leading a pack as far as I'm concerned.

He then turned to Cicero, the only pup from Blackfeather Woods that he actually liked. "Depends on their behavior, I suppose," Raz said thoughtfully with a small smile. "You're smart, boy, I'll give you that. Your siblings on the other hand.....are too spoiled," was he supposed to be less straightforward with this? "No offense of course, Cicero," he added with an afterthought.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
Cicero watched Raziel and Adlartok's interaction with great interest. He wondered what Raziel thought of Scarlett. Cicero found her intriguing, for there did not seem to be even a smidgeon of black upon her soul. Cicero wondered if it was true, or if she was just very good at hiding it and pretending she was a lighter wolf than he. He wondered if things had happened to make her as she was. He wondered how and why she had ever become Alpha; she did not seem that fit for it, as far as Cicero was concerned.

Cicero did not mix into the subject of Scarlett. He just observed and listened, and nodded at Adlartok upon introduction. When the subject changed to his siblings and he himself, Cicero smiled. He could only agree. For some reason, Damien and Potema thought the world should lay down at their feet for their heritage. Cicero thought the world was a place that was around only for his amusement and alteration, but it was different. There were rules, social rules, and games to be played. One could not simply expect everyone to bend to their will just because. One needed to prove it.

"Raziel is right," Cicero told the Alpha. "Damien and Potema are Cicero's brother and sister, and for that he loves them, but they have lessons in humility that need to be learned." Who knew when these lessons would actually be learned, if ever. Perhaps they would always remain the same. But nevertheless, Cicero would love them, no matter what. Perhaps it was not so bad, in this case, that they were so pompous and arrogant; it made Cicero's etiquette look all the better for it.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
I apologize for my absence and my flightyness perhaps. I have been battling some health concerns and depression.

Artok imagined that most of them thought he was lazy or no use. He could handle them thinking that, he really didn't care what they thought of him. He did what he could when he was around. SImple thing was though, he couldn't handle staying in one place too long. The only reason he came back all the time, was simply that Scarlett was there and he had promised. He patrolled and he hunted, but it was whatever.

Artok turned towards the strange talking wolf, and though he honestly wanted to curl his lip in contempt and tell the guy to talk right, he stayed his tongue. I haven't met them either. You guys aren't from around here? Were you entitled where you were from? is that why your brother and sister are spoiled?

Artok really had no time for spoiled wolves, he himself wasn't and he found it ridiculous those that were. Though he imagined when he thought about it. Miss. Scarlett's babes would probably be spoiled.
WINTER IS COMING
215 Posts
Ooc — Will
It's fine! RL comes first :)

Raziel found the way Cicero spoke disconcerting and queer; the way he referred to himself as 'Cicero' instead of I was enough to make the Roman think that either someone had tortured him until he had gone mental or that he had some...brain problems or that he simply enjoyed watching the looks on other wolf's faces when he spoke in that manner; perhaps he found amusement in their expressions. Raz knew he would; he'd met many wolves on his travels who amused him to no end even when he was acting as normal as he could. 

"Yeah," Raz offered the Blackfeather Woods teenager when he said that his siblings needed to have lessons in humility. When Adlartok spoke about how he hadn't met them and began shooting a bunch of questions about them. The silver Alpha resisted the urge to speak and simply shifted his weight between his paws, tail flicking amiably between them. The look Raziel shot Cicero should be able to make the black and white child understand that the Roman wanted him to explain stuff to Scarlett's adopted children.

He did not find himself in the mood to explain things.
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
Adlartok asked questions about Cicero and his siblings, and Cicero looked briefly at Raziel. The look Raziel gave him said enough, and so Cicero looked back at Adlartok. His face remained neutral, though amusement sparked in his orange and white eyes. He thought of Damien and Potema, and wondered if they'd ever learn. Probably not, what with how they were reverred in Blackfeather.

"Blackfeather Woods," Cicero said, giving answers to the questions in few words. "The children of its Alpha." Cicero wondered if it was because he was different that he did not feel like he could act as though he was Alpha wherever he came. Perhaps it was because he thought about things more, or considered manipulating others more important than his siblings.

It did not matter. "Cicero wishes both a good day," Cicero said, abruptly ending the conversation. With a respectful dip of his muzzle, Cicero turned around and started to walk away from the conversation for some time alone.

my last post, unless either of them says/asks anything to him (:
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok growled at the first mention of Blackfeather woods. His eyes flashed, where kove is from? He snorted softly and shook his head. He hated the male, but maybe this one wasn't so bad. He studied him through lowered lids. I sure hope you're nothing like him Cicero. He grew quiet then, looked at the other youth funny when he ended things abruptly, but he nodded his head. Good day
1,108 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Ambassador
Rogue
Toxicologist
fading out since this is old :)

Cicero nodded when Adlartok asked him if that was where Kove was from. Cicero was surprised at this reaction; he thought that the wolves here would respect Kove for what he was. Then, he was no longer Alpha here, as Raziel had taken that spot. Cicero wondered what this would mean for Blackfeather's ties to Bearclaw Valley. They had little in common now, unless Kove managed to grab power.

While Cicero was curious why Adlartok did not like Kove, he decided not to press the issue further and ask for it. Instead, he nodded at both of them and without a word, he was off like he had said he'd be. Adlartok's last words had raised enough questions for him. He decided to mull over them alone as he departed, leaving Adlartok and Raziel be.