Firefly Glen Oh no, not I
252 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Charon -- directly after the thread in NWF?! *eager beaver*

With something of a plan put in motion, Eshe nosed her mate and kissed him on the cheek. She didn't intend to be gone too long, and had said as much; the only reason she hadn't wanted him to come was because of his scent, and she didn't want there to be any hint of Scimitar on this piece of land. Any other would be easy to explain away... but not a place she meant to act like he had never been to before. Doubly suspicious if she met with him and a Moonspear wolf, there. She was sure Scimitar would take care of the borders to rid the traces of Charon there, and if he hadn't, she would upon arriving home.

She and Charon could explore this place and decide on the best location for this all to go down. The Glen came into sight now, and even in the afternoon light, it was a pretty sight. She bet sunset to sundown this place would be glorious to behold... and fireflies in the nighttime? Cherry on top. She nearly forgot she actually wasn't checking out a place to bring her mate to for some romanticizing... but as she remembered, she looked to Charon. They had been walking in a comfortable silence, and Eshe was more than content to let Charon to take the lead, given he knew the place better than she did.

When they came to the place—and Eshe herself was not certain this was 'the place', having never been there, but it looked Glenlike, she supposed—Eshe glanced at her cousin. How are you holding up? And Floki? Is there anything more I can do for you guys? She was happy to assist the trio in exacting revenge upon Goober, and though Goober had been a nice guy, to hear that he had raped someone had changed her perspective entirely. She might not have readily delivered intel on him to anyone, but to her family? Her loyalty was first and foremost to them... and Goober deserved whatever grisly thing(s) came to him for what he had done.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
After the encounter at Neverwinter Forest's borders, Eshe and Charon had set out towards Firefly Glen right away. Charon was glad that Scimitar wasn't coming, because the more he interacted with the Neverwinter Alpha, the more Scimitar reminded him of another version of Dante. Another dude who thought he could do whatever he pleased, who thought everything — including Charon's lil' brother — belonged to him and that he didn't owe anyone anything. Unaware of the irony to his reasons for disliking Scimitar, Charon was just glad to be away from him and he enjoyed the time spent with Eshe, who had crazy quickly become a wolf that Charon enjoyed spending time with. He'd tried hating her when he first found out that she was a Frostfur, but he had found that he simply could not because she was too darn likeable. The Goober thing was just the cherry on top that had pulled him over the ledge and made him decide that maybe Scimitar was a total dick, but his mate could be his friend regardless.

Charon had never intended to inform Eshe of who exactly had been raped by Goober; he had only brought it up because Eshe had mentioned the double date, and he didn't want to ruin the plan by anyone mentioning Dhole into the equation. "I'm okay. Flóki seems pretty broody, but can you blame him?" Would it have happened to Amekaze (not that anyone could've likely taken her like that, anyway, for she was a warrior) Charon would've probably been storming right over to Phoenix Maplewood himself right now with guns blazing. "I just feel so... Restless, you know? It'll probably last until I've dragged that good-for-nothing over to Moonspear and have Dhole slowly rip his dick off." Charon was not so sure whether to kill him or let him live thereafter — life without a dick seemed almost worse than death — but that, too, would ultimately be up to Dhole.

Charon lead the way up to a small bluff that looked out over the glen. Water trickled down a narrow stream that passed the bluff's sides and wound down into the glen from there. He said, satisfied, "This seems like a good spot, doesn't it..?" There were a couple of other nooks in the distance and lots of low shrubbery along the glen's sides here, and the trickle of the water would mask a lot of sounds they made.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Having no idea of the situation between Scimitar and Charon, Eshe could do nothing to mediate it or mitigate any tension there was. Any tension she had noted at all she attributed to things easily explained. Obviously tensions were way high today, and those reasons needed no questioning. And the first time? Scimitar warmed to others at a different pace than she did... but Eshe thought that was a good thing. She'd trust his judgment a lot more in matters regarding others, given she was a bit jaded by Goober. Eshe felt like a moron, and that she'd made her mate look bad to the Maplewood... she was quite angry with herself, and another reason she had went so swiftly with Charon was to let herself not literally break down and cry in front of Scimitar about how much of a moron she was. This was a welcome distraction. The break-down could come later but for now... business, mixed with the pleasure of Charon's company.

She was glad to hear he was okay despite it all. Obviously angry, but she hadn't meant in that way, and he knew what she meant in the way that family always seemed to. Eshe warmed to him further for it, thanking her lucky stars for his path intersecting with her own. She'd be equally as pleased to see any of her other cousins; she'd been close with them all. But Charon she simply clicked with. He was one of the best things she had here, and the number was minimal despite her having a big heart. Not at all, she responded. Hell no, Floki couldn't be blamed. It was dangerous territory, with a lot of factors. As he went on, Eshe nodded. Just knowing this all made her feel similar, but she would never put herself in his shoes. I can only imagine, Eshe spoke in earnest. Really, she could. What you're doing for her is... amazing. I just wish that your restlessness could end like, now. But it will end, Charon. For everyone. Goober's gonna pay, and bringing it back to the way he described, Eshe nodded. In a truly rare moment, Eshe only wished more could be done to the monster for violating a fellow woman and the girlfriend of Floki.

As they came over the bluff, Eshe admired the view once again. Yeah, looks perfect, actually. I'm going to bring him here to set up my date, now... I can have him bring flowers from Neverwinter. That would render his teeth useless for at least .10 seconds, .20 if he was utterly shocked by it all, which was the goal, wasn't it? Eshe looked back to Charon, and tilted her head. Perhaps I can send someone to deliver the message to you and yours when he arrives. If he's not at the Maplewood anymore... I don't know where exactly he'd be. I'm going to come here daily 'til that point, anyway. Maybe we could have a codeword that would tell you he's with me or not, if you want to do that, too. But I don't want to waste your time any, Eshe wasn't that good at this business, and did not know how it worked all that much, but was willing to do whatever it took to throw in the assist.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
If there was anything that could make Charon warm up to Eshe more, it was flattery. And although the subject was heavy, it made Charon feel proud and liked to know that Eshe thought he was amazing for what he was doing for Dhole. Dhole was such a precious friend, she was much like family or a super good friend. The thought that someone had hurt her as he did made Charon's blood boil in the most violent of ways. "Thanks. We'll get him," he said, which seemed almost like his catch phrase these days. Goober would pay, and that was the one thing Charon knew for sure, now more than ever now that Eshe had pinpointed his location and was going to help him grab the guy.

Eshe sure seemed to think of all the details. Charon really just thought of the details where he would tear Goober to Moonspear and have Dhole have her way with him. All the steps in between were just clutter, and he preferred not to be a pessimist and just assume that things would go well. They had to. "Let's hope he's still at Phoenix Maplewood then," Charon said, "Or that they know where he is. Kind of sucks not to be able to do more myself with looking for him, though..." He frowned, wishing there was anything more that he could do. "I mean, if he's not at Maplewood, we'd almost have to, like... Go ask everywhere if anyone's seen Goober, but tell 'em that like, he's someone's old friend or something, so he wouldn't flee and it's not suspicious sounding." But they hadn't hashed that part of the plan out with Goldhawk and Scimitar yet, so probably it would be hard to implement it; unless of course they came back empty handed and they needed to think of a back up plan.

"I guess the easiest is if someone could be sent as you go. Like... Maybe you could send Goldhawk to us while you let Goober gather and carry flowers to give us some time? If, you know, if you aren't afraid he'd try anything funny when you're alone with him." Eshe was such a different kind of wolf than Dhole that Charon didn't think he would, but he could imagine if Eshe would feel unsafe for it anyway.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Yeah we will, she rejoined, not even waiting a beat and agreeing wholeheartedly. However much time it took... they would sure as heck get him. For she felt a part of this in the most minor of ways; Goober had betrayed her trust, perhaps in any she would now meet. He had taken advantage of her warmth, her kindness... she had thought him to be someone she might count among her friends. She had wanted him within Neverwinter! And she was fiercely angry on behalf of the woman she had never met, and that she might have put other women at risk. It would be Wildfire who took him down in whatever way she would in the end; Eshe would simply hand him over.

As Charon spoke, Eshe dwelt more on it. There was no way of knowing who might harbor him if he was not at the Maplewood and, more than that, if they knew of his crimes and had taken it upon themselves to hide him away and forgive him for them. It'd have to be the wolves of Neverwinter who did that. He knows he owes me a rain check, she looked to him, and said, If it were known that a wolf of Moonspear were looking for him, I think he'd catch on quickly enough to why. Even if you were looking around... if he smelled any of you near... She wondered what sort of man this Goober really was. Would he be paranoid? Could be. But he could also be a sick wolf who got pleasure from this... and that was a frightening thought, too. Eshe continued, Assuming he's paranoid, which he should be, he'd probably run off forever or somethin'. Psyche was her bread and butter, as one who wanted to be a counselor and adviser. The mind and its various pathways and the potential outcomes... she tried to think through all that. But there was no understanding why he did what he did. And no justifying it. Though she was empathetic, she would never be empathetic to perpetuating such things no matter the reason. Eshe did not wish to get into that mindset to wonder at the possibilities of why he'd do that. And frankly, it did not matter.

As far as his next thought, she thought on that. Was she afraid? And she thought of Scimitar, too. He probably wouldn't go for that... Eshe squinted. Maybe I could see if anyone from Silvertip wants to join the effort, she sucked in a breath and continued. I've been practicing and learning how to fight. I think I could defend myself if it came to it, I'm just not so experienced that I could tell you one-hundred percent I could handle it. And I thought he was a good guy, she said, frowning deeply, I don't wanna make another costly assumption... and I don't want him to get away. She waited a beat and then continued. Silvertip could help 'cause they're so close and it'd make sense why I'm calling any one of them and him for a favor, and not telling anyone from Neverwinter to help me out with the task... so no one can tell Scimitar about it, the surprise, except to meet me at that very spot when the sun falls to a certain spot... or moon rises, depending on his time of arrival. Eshe also thought on this line. Goober always met me at Neverwinter. I had Scimitar around and also the pack... so I don't know that he wouldn't try something when I'm out of there. She was wary, but trusted Charon's thoughts on the matter implicitly, hence her telling him her line of thought. She'd bring it up with Scimitar as well, to see his thoughts on the matter.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
They elaborated on plans to catch Goober between them, would this plan fail; they could ask around innocently and then grab him when they could, if they did manage to find him. Perhaps it was best if the wolves were of Neverwinter, she was right. Besides, Moonspear was a bit low on members right now and, not counting those Charon preferred at home, it would be hard to spare some members.

A somewhat sadistic smile was wrough on Charon's face as Eshe mentioned that Goober was probably paranoid and fleeing. Either that, or a mad genius. The image of Goober hiding in a den somewhere came back to Charon, and he hoped that he was wrong about it as it would make Goober a lot harder to find. "Yeah, I bet he's hiding somewhere, cowering, terrified... Though I hope he's just dumb and doesn't realise that he's messed with the wrong wolf. It would make him a lot easier to find if he's not paranoid and hiding."

Eshe was such a shrewd wolf when it came to making friends with neighbouring packs and Charon wondered if she did it on purpose or if it was just how she was, trying to include everyone. He knew about the tense situation between Neverwinter and Silvertip and it seemed like a cunning plan to ask the Silvertip wolves to help so that they would mend what was broken. "Yeah, you could ask someone of Silvertip," he said, though he sounded like he didn't have much of an opinion on it. Charon just wanted to get Goober in whatever way.

"It's really beautiful here at night," Charon said. He hoped that the bloodsplattering would not ruin this romantic spot. "I love watching the stars. I know a lot of stories about the constellations." Well, maybe not a lot, but still, plenty. He wondered if when this was all over, maybe Eshe would want to join him to look at the stars sometimes.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Well, we'll find out, she said with a nod and all the conviction in the world. Eshe would investigate herself, too, when she had the time and the wolves to maintain the Forest. With things as quiet as they were, Eshe felt alright with sending Goldhawk and Scimitar off for the brief journey. For the sole reason of finding him easily, I hope he's not paranoid, too, she tacked on, glancing to him. His sadistic look was not matched, because Eshe herself was never that, but she gave a grin that expressed she did not mind the look so much on him, because she understood it. By no means was that sadism out of place.

She did not see herself as Charon did; Eshe simply had a deep love for all others, and thought there was good in everyone. FitzDutiful had acted in haste, once, and his subordinate had tested his reign... did that make him bad? No. She did not define him for that; and Eshe wanted to get along with he and his, not just for their proximity but because that was simply who she was, fundamentally. Eshe did not see herself as 'everybodies friend', but she loved talking to others and befriending those that seemed to have good hearts. Fitz had explained himself and so she felt his intentions had been good, though he had acted foolishly. Still, hadn't she misused her own judgment with Goober? Could she blame Fitz for a heat-of-the-moment judgment call when she had done more damage with more time? That was self-perceived; but she worried she had sent out a villain to the Maplewood. Her stomach sank. Okay, I'll see if they're willing to assist. It won't mean a thing if they don't, since puppies are expected and they might want every man on the border... but hopefully they can spare at least one person. She shrugged, thinking it harmless to try.

The topic shifted to the land itself, and she tilted her head. She had deduced, since Charon knew of a romantic place, that he saw the beauty in all things like herself. Eshe had to grin. Maybe after all this is over, we can all come and watch the stars over venison. Me, you, Amekaze, Floki, Wildfire, and Scim. If Wildfire's up for it, of course. We can give it a couple days, she liked the idea, herself. She felt quite aligned with Charon, and as he spoke of constellations, she glanced overhead. Can the stars predict the future? Predict relationships and stuff? I know about the North star, but... that's the only one, she paused, and she looked to Charon to elaborate. I sometimes hear people talkin' bout the stars alignin' and stuff, when somethin' great happens. It sounds nice, but did the stars have such influence? was her unanswered question.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
"True," Charon agreed when Eshe said she hoped he wasn't paranoid. Charon felt that he should be, deserved to be, but it was probably easier for their particular quest for him not to be. Hopefully they would find out soon where he was so that he could be brought to justice, and hopefully there would be no other wolves to defend him. Yet, Charon had the full confidence that they would listen to him were he to tell them what had been done to one of his wolves. He was a powerful ruler, a king, and he would not hear anyone tell him no.

Charon nodded when Eshe said that she would ask Silvertip for help. He shared, "I'm at pretty good standing with Fitz, so, y'know, you could maybe say it was for helping one of my wolves." Charon was certain that Fitz liked him, and Mason feared him — which was about equally powerful and worth as much — so he was certain that Silvertip would lend a hand were it asked in this task. Besides, their job would be so minor they could hardly resist, and it'd maybe forge a better bond with their neighbours if they did.

Eshe filled in Charon's thoughts when she said they could come here. The only part of the plan he didn't like was Scimitar. He secretly hoped that maybe Eshe'd realise that Scimitar was a douchebag and that she would ditch him, knowing she was better off without him. "Yeah, that'd be nice," was all he said, not letting on to the fact he didn't like Scimitar this time, and he looked at Eshe as she wondered about the future-telling abilities of stars.

Charon grinned as he said, "I don't know, maybe." Then, on a more serious note, "Sometimes... This sounds really crazy, but sometimes it's as if the stars speak to me, in some ways. As if they really do tell me things about the future, or, you know... the present, or big events." He wasn't sure he remembered right but he thought to remember that things had just looked, seemed and, almost, sounded different the nights before the big storm, for example. But these things were always tricky because it could always be a trick of the mind. Yet, Charon liked to think it was wolves that had passed away advising him in his journeys, supporting him from afar, all their noses pointed towards him, for he was the chosen child of the gods.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Charon mentioned his good standing with Fitz, and liked the suggestion. Definitely. I won't mention all the specifics, she understood the reason discretion was necessary in the telling of what exactly went down, But I'll bring up that we're assisting you guys... Eshe felt her expression turn stony for a moment as she thought of what might happen if he wasn't taken out. If she ever had any daughters, she would be at risk at any time. Any female subordinates... this was a wolf who could pretend himself into being a kindhearted wolf, a wolf who beneath that was a monster. He had played to her heart, her personality... he was dangerous. Eshe had to think of exactly how to word her query to Silvertip, and felt Scimitar could help in the task, too.

As he spoke of it being nice, Eshe smiled quite glad that he agreed. Her family had grown here and she was so happy for it, and it was not something she could hide being the open book that she was. To bond with Moonspear further would be nice, too; Eshe was exceptionally partial to them by now, and was glad that her wise, strong, and goodhearted cousin was at the helm.

She had wondered if Charon had known the truth of her thought, but he hadn't. So she looked to the sky and tilted her head, though her gaze returned to him when he began to talk again. That doesn't sound crazy, Eshe comforted him in her southern drawl. That sounds cool, and interestin'. What kinda stuff do they tell you? She had heard him when he brought up stuff on the present and the future, but she wondered if it was anything specific. Eshe was quite open-minded about all this stuff, feeling there was so much they did not even know existed. Who was she to deny the fact that the stars did not talk to him? Eshe's thoughts echoed his own, thinking perhaps the stars had selected him for some specific purpose, or maybe were just as fond of him as she was.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It seemed typically like Eshe not to mind that he thought to hear things the stars told him about things. Truthfully, while he heard their whispers he found it difficult to discern their percise words, but he was certain that he was their chosen. When times of need would come, he was sure he would be first to gain knowledge whispered to him by the stars. Eshe was as open-minded as he, it so appeared, as she showed her agreement to his way of thought.

What kind of stuff did they tell him — he might have lied to another, but to Eshe he frankly said, "Sometimes it's like they speak a language I don't yet understand. I will get to know them more closely, though. It feels like... As if they've chosen me, somehow, the gods, the stars, whatever is out there. Everything that's happened in my life seems to have lead to my greatness, as if it was all meant to be so. Even the worst of things have lead me here. I felt like I would die once, but it was that state that brought me to Amekaze's doorstep, and formed the idea to merge our two small packs into Moonspear's success." He had never shared with anyone else this information; he had never told anyone that he thought he was destined for greatness. Maybe because it was so incredibly obvious to him that he thought others thought the same, regardless. Or maybe because he had not before yet trusted anyone with this knowledge.

Were she anyone else he probably would've tried to use his knowledge that she believed him to influence her. He might've said that the stars had told him Scimitar and her were not meant for the long run and that staying with him would only bring her pain. He'd considered it. But with Eshe, somehow the truth just seemed to pour from his mouth where he would normal fill in with lies to his own benefit.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Each word he said drew her in, and she marveled at his thoughts. There was no reason for her not to believe in what he believed in, having no concrete thoughts on the spiritual things that could not be seen. To say they didn't exist and that nothing but what could be seen was the only thing that was real felt somehow taboo, anyhow. Like you were just asking to be proven wrong. Surely whatever would prove you wrong would have been offended by your lack of belief in it... though even if the thing from whatever realm had good intentions, your reaction would be just the same. Eshe felt she'd be positively horrified if she were to ever encounter anything from any other world. Charon seemed keen on it, and a perfect, stable candidate who embraced his destiny.

When he fell quiet, Eshe said firstly the only thing she could think of in her awe: Wow, unable to process much else quite yet. She tried to think of her own life, and wondered if his stars influenced her and her path at all. It didn't seem far-fetched to suppose that, simply in that their paths had finally come together. Charon... that's incredible. But I can't say that'd surprise me very much, that they picked you. I mean... you're awesome, she nodded at that quickly. I reckon you went through those dark times and thoughts just to shine even brighter than ever before. Eshe smiled, and thought of her life and things she'd went through. Had the stars ever guided her...?

She shifted her weight. It was a nice thought, to think the stars had taken her on a journey just to arrive smack-dab-in-the-middle of here. Maybe the stars brought us together. You're one of the few bits of family I've got left, she admitted this quietly, wondering if such a thing was possible. They hadn't spoken to her, but that of all the places for her to end up in all of the Teekon Wilds, and all of the places for Scimitar to desire, it happened to be close enough to him to bring them together. I'm real glad for it, if they did. Eshe hadn't known it then but certainly knew it now, just how important it was for him to exist, and for their relationship to become what it had so quickly.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Every word that Eshe spoke enabled Charon in his way of thinking and built him up further; compliments just seemed to keep pouring from her mouth. The confident smile on his face showed how pleased he was with her words. Charon was not usually one for sharing such sensitive thoughts with others, and she had picked up his words and had elevated them even further.

Maybe the stars had brought them together, though for what purpose Charon did not yet know; perhaps it was only to punish Goober for what he had done, or perhaps there was something bigger involved. Only time would tell where the stars would further lead them, beside one another or separately. "Maybe," he agreed. "Regardless, I'm glad that we were guided together." Charon smiled and just looked around, feeling content enough. He lingered a moment longer, somehow just not feeling like going home just yet.
252 Posts
Ooc —
Same, she responded warmly. Like him, she was content to stay a while longer yet and take in the surroundings. She saw the place as it was, before the wolf they would bring to Charon would mar it. But Eshe saw that as a necessity, and would not change their plans for the sentimental loveliness of the place.

She and Charon sat beside one another and reveled in the place, sometimes chatting and sometimes lapsing into a silence that was not at all awkward. But Eshe remembered her mate would be journeying to find Goober, and rose to all fours. I ought to get home. Though I know I'll be seeing you again, she smiled at him, and moved to envelope him in a wolfish hug before she finished. She waited a moment in case he had anything else he had wanted to say, and if he did not she would depart.

Last post from me!
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
It was nice to just sit and chat with Eshe, as it all felt so natural to be with her. Even when neither of them was chatting the other's ears off, things were good between them and neither of them even had to try to make it good. With a soft smile, Charon nodded at Eshe, nosing her cheek as she hugged him. "Hopefully when I see you again we'll have the culprit," said Charon, and he nodded with an expression on his face that mixed the softness and regard he felt towards Eshe with the grim hatred that he felt towards the wolf who had forever altered Dhole.

Then he took off, allowing Eshe to return home while he did the same to inform Flóki and, had she not yet been informed properly, Amekaze of the plan they had forged.