Blackfeather Woods So much ambition
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
All Welcome 
Kendra trotted through he forest feeling so much anger in the air. She figured it was because of the lack of food that everyone was tense. It were most curious times indeed. She wanted to excel with her plants but if there were not any there was nothing else she could do.

The girl then decided that she should think of her second trade. Maybe she would become a fighter to honor Pietro. He liked fighting. She had not been very good at it. But maybe she could give it another try, she realized that she was not fond of hunting so that one did not fell into her graces. She also didn't feel like a medic as her mother was. She just wanted to be good with plants. Hm.. Curious. What other trades were there? She would have to find out.
[Image: kendra-pixel_zpssjjmu8wj.png]
Peculiar Little Thing
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Potema nosed the ground in search of some sign of growth. She figured that the cycle of death and life, even in the presence of such awesome power as the swarm had, was natural. If plants were regrowing by now, after weeks of death and barrenness, it was a natural, albeit frightening process that was beyond her years. But if death still remained...she shuddered at the thought of some evil spirit or Daedra cursing the land. It was a bit extreme, but it could still happen. The priests and witches of Hag Fen spoke of such things happening before in other parts of the world. Perhaps she was just being too superstitious about this.

Potema paused at the sight of her sister quietly standing in the woods. She observed the dark Rochester-Melonii for a moment, wondering how she was doing since Pietro's death. To her the young girl seemed fine, but she knew little about her only sister. Kendra. She called to her, approaching quietly. How are you?
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra turned to face her sister when her name was called. The girl swayed her tail lightly and greeted like she greeted most adults, mostly her family though, with a lick under the chin. After all that was a sign of respect. The girl did not have much of a dominant nature like her brother. Though she was not to be messed with, Kendra was more laid back, going her own path. She was like a river, moving around obstacles but still being quite the force if she wanted to be.

The girl sat down and shrugged in reply. "I feel like I would betray Pietro if I am happy. But I am curious about some things, so that keeps my mind of him," she spoke. She wished she could dye her tail again, but even that was not possible. "I was actually thinking of my second trade and what I wanted to do with that."
Peculiar Little Thing
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
@Kendra > - >''''

Potema licked her younger sister across the nose, happy to see her displaying emotion and moving around. She was recovering, in her own way at least. Was Pietro that selfish that he would want you to be sad for him for the rest of your life? She was saddened by the fact that didn't know her youngest brother that well, but it could not be helped. He was gone now, with his mother. She would be there when the time came. For now, she would protect her sister. You have the naturalist trade, correct? She knew that her sister already had an interest in plants and nature. What else could she do? What about herbalist, hm?
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Now it is me to blame! @Potema

Kendra looked at Potema with a sullen expression. She shrugged lightly. "It does not feel right yet that I am happy while he is not alive anymore," she spoke and shook her head. Luckily the topic was diverted with trades. She wasn't sure about that. "I want to be a botanist. But that is kind of the same as herbalist right?," she asked to be sure.

The girl was not sure if she wanted all her trades to be related to plants. [b]"So, what other trades are there?"[b] Kendra was just curious. Maybe she would hear something that turned out to be of her liking.
Peculiar Little Thing
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
You cannot be unhappy your whole life. Surely, there must be something, or someone else that makes you happy. But she shook her head. No matter, onto your trades.

She was glad that Kendra had an interest in botany, herbology, whatever it was called. She had someone that she could train in the ways of using herbs, if not magic itself. Herbs, in her opinion, were much more important: you cannot flush poisons with magic alone. Plants had their own energies to be used rather than one's own. Yes, they are similar, if not the same. Botany was a much broader term than herbalist in her opinion, but they both worked with plants, so it counted. She didn't feel like boring Kendra with the specifics just yet.

Ah, well. There are the more physical trades: hunter, mercenary, scout. Then there are the mental-oriented: chronicler, naturalist - which you already have. And finally the inter-personal - dealing with other people: counselor and caregiver. Those are the broadest way of categorizing them all, I suppose. Do you want specialities too?
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra listened to Potema as she talked about the trades she could pursue. She didn't like the physical ones. Hunter, no. Mercenary, no that was Pietro and well, Scout? Maybe but then she had to leave the forest. Maybe she was more of a mental being. Naturalist and ... chronicler! Maybe that was something she could do!

She scrunched her nose in thought. "I think I like mental things! What are the specialties for Chronicler?," she wondered. She had heard of it, but was not sure what it implied.
Peculiar Little Thing
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
You certainly have a knack for it. It seemed to her that the females of the Melonii line were well versed in the mental arts, whether they were priests, witches, or simple chroniclers, as it seemed Kendra would be, given her enthusiam. Well...if I can remember correctly...there are bards: singers, songwriters and poets. She hadn't heard Kendra sing; not even her mother. Could they both sing? Could she sing? She hadn't tried. Then there is Historian, who keep the history of the pack. I think Damien was interested in that. It was ironic that someone as big and violent as her brother was interested in such things, but mother did have an impact on him. Finally there is storyteller, who create and retell stories, especially to the youth. She finished listing them off, then stood back, wondering what Kendra would choose.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra listend curiously when the other spoke about the specialties that it contained. She knew she had to get those others first but she needed to know what it contained. Being a singer and poet didn't really sound like an intellectual thing. A historian sounded nice, yet she didn't know much about their history.

Maybe she would settle telling stories. But somehow that sounded lame too. She scrunched up her nose. "Historian sounds okay, and storyteller too, but.. I want something more. Maybe I should just stick with naturalist," she admitted.
Peculiar Little Thing
848 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Short post. e A e;

It was a bit overwhelming, the variety of choices she had, and only a limited amount she could choose. You don't need to be bound by trades if none are fit for you. She suggested. Her training at Hag Fen had far surpassed that of the trades here in Teekon Wilds, and she was certain that there were others who were trained above and beyond trades. You can change your mind later, if you think otherwise.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra nodded. She would think about it, and see where her interest would be. Maybe she would later find out what she liked even more. She would focus on Botany for now, maybe have more Naturalism later.

"Thanks Potema!," she smiled and then nudged her. "I will think about it and then later I might know what I want," she hummed and with that she had enough to think about, so with a quick goodbye the girl continued her path.
Peculiar Little Thing